where to eat in miami?

nyc gal

myself and daughter are sailing on fos and will fly into miami the day before........ question:

where is a good place to get Cuban food? we are staying in south beach. also we are coming from nyc and have had very good cuban food there..... also i read somewhere that gloria estafan owns a cuban restaurant in south beach is it any good?:) :)

myself and daughter are sailing on fos and will fly into miami the day before........ question:

where is a good place to get Cuban food? we are staying in south beach. also we are coming from nyc and have had very good cuban food there..... also i read somewhere that gloria estafan owns a cuban restaurant in south beach is it any good?:) :)

Lario's is Gloria Estefan's restaurant and it is pretty good.

Authentic would be Puerto Saga or Davids or Davids II.

We had this same question! After looking up many restaurants we have decided on the Delano for an excellent crab and avocado appetizer we saw on the Food Network. I think we will go to the skybar for drinks (mojitos martinis!) before or after.

We were going to look for some cheap cuban place around there for a sandwhich or wrap, whatever is cuban.

Good luck, also, try tripadvisor . com they are a great source of information for restaurants that have been reviewed by people like you and I.

If you have a car, drive to the "Calle Ocho" area for authentic Cuban. It's the Little Havana of Miami.

I don't know if it's the same as it was 15 years ago - but my all time favorite restaurant is Versailles. (Google it - it's pretty famous). I used to go there a lot when I worked in MIA. I'm really excited to take my kids there on our upcoming pre-cruise trip. They will get to see first hand what recipes I've been trying to recreate all these years!

We had this same question! After looking up many restaurants we have decided on the Delano for an excellent crab and avocado appetizer we saw on the Food Network. I think we will go to the skybar for drinks (mojitos martinis!) before or after.

We were going to look for some cheap cuban place around there for a sandwhich or wrap, whatever is cuban.

Good luck, also, try tripadvisor . com they are a great source of information for restaurants that have been reviewed by people like you and I.

Puerto Saga is cheap Cuban and David's isn't expensive either. You'll see locals at both.

PS NO mojito martini! Just mojitos:D

Archived