Fuel Surcharge Revised

cruisePRN

Hi CruisePRN !

To clarify the title in this thread, the fuel surcharge has not been eliminated. It has been revised. The refund/credit involves those who booked before 11/16/07. I am changing the title of the thread from "Eliminated" to "Revised".

If you have sailed and already paid the surcharge, you will recieve a refund. If you have not sailed yet, you will recieve an Onboard Credit equal to the amount you were charged.

I feel that for those who booked prior to 11/16, and are getting the refund/credit, Royal Caribbean has made the right decision. I am sure some thanks also belong to the Florida Attorney General, for offering some "encouragement" :).

Host Andy, you're absolutly right, the title was ambiguous, thanks for the correction. I will be one of the recepients of the $140 refund for my asia cruise on Quest next year which I booked prior to Nov 16.

For those of us that booked prior to Nov 16 2007 the additional $70 Pp fel charge will not apply. I had written to the florida atty general along with countless others and we made a difference. Yippie:D http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1117173&highlight=

That's great.....but we'll make up for it later on..... Gulp !!!!:)

Host Andy, you're absolutly right, the title was ambiguous, thanks for the correction. I will be one of the recepients of the $140 refund for my asia cruise on Quest next year which I booked prior to Nov 16.

Hi Cruise !

That is great news. The refund will give you some extra spending money. Have a wonderful Cruise !

Hi -

We arrived in our stateroom last night to see a pretty Azamara logo plaid blanket and a letter saying "thank you for paying the fuel supplement". Interesting, isn't it?

Brenda

Hi Brenda !

That sounds like a very nice gift !

I bet that for the next few weeks, the staff onboard the ships will have a huge problem knowing who paid the surcharge, and who is getting a refund, so it probably makes sense just to give everyone the gift. We are sailing on Constellation next week, and I am curious to see if they are giving out any "fuel surcharge" gifts onboard.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Host Andy:

I have to think the blanket is a thank you in addition to the Fuel Supplement Credit that will appear on our bills for use onboard in any way we see fit. As far as documentation, we all should have a copy of our original booking with the date on it. Our TA will have it or can get it if need be. If the "Blankie" is the refund, I will copy the Attorney General in Florida with this message. This is not the settlement that was intended in the negotiations. I don't have room in my luggage for a blanket and by the way have you seen the articles on weight restrictions and bag limits in the news. Especially on European carriers!

Come on RCCL, Celebrity, Azamara: Accept some corporate responsibility here. It's on the news everywhere else!

Pinot in Portland.

Host Andy:

I have to think the blanket is a thank you in addition to the Fuel Supplement Credit that will appear on our bills for use onboard in any way we see fit. As far as documentation, we all should have a copy of our original booking with the date on it. Our TA will have it or can get it if need be. If the "Blankie" is the refund, I will copy the Attorney General in Florida with this message. This is not the settlement that was intended in the negotiations. I don't have room in my luggage for a blanket and by the way have you seen the articles on weight restrictions and bag limits in the news. Especially on European carriers!

Come on RCCL, Celebrity, Azamara: Accept some corporate responsibility here. It's on the news everywhere else!

Pinot in Portland.

Hi Pinot !

It all depends when you booked. The blanket was originally to be a gift to soften the blow of paying the surcharge. For those who booked before 11/16, you will either get a refund (if you have sailed) or an Onboard Credit if you have not sailed yet. I have no idea if the blanket gift will continue or not.

I would suggest you read the Royal Caribbean Press Release, which you can find here. I hope this is helpful.

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1117173&highlight=

Hi Andy:

Here is the link for the Florida AG's offical press release. It contains an additional link for the actual Administrative Pleading in the case signed by D. Hanrahan on March 6, 2008 for Celebrity. The investigation is continuing.

I think we should be ready to offer proof of our booking prior to the given date to ease any confusion at the front desk.

http://myfloridalegal.com/newsrel.nsf/newsreleases/4B0142561763C5A185257409004420...

A google search of the Florida AG's Office, news releases, will also get you there.

Pinot:o

Ok - great news. I wonder if it applies to UK pax. We have breen charged the fuel supp but nothing yet about it being revised. often last to know - if ever. Pricing on each side of the pond can be very diffrent.

jo

Hi y'all

For what it's worth, we just completed an Around the Horn sailing on Infinity, and we had booked well before, but made final payment just after the "FS deadline". We arrived in our cabin on 2/15 to a complimentary "X Belly Bag", which turned out to be quite handy, and a letter explaining why we received it. I don't think we received a credit per se, although we did in fact receive a huge credit to our overall credit card bill in January (which we did not see until we returned from sailing) because the cruise fare was sharply reduced "on special" after we made final payment - thanks to our eagle eyes and our TA who made the case for us.

A great cruise with fabulous weather, except for the forest fires in Puerto Montt which resulted in some Xcursion cancellations.

Next up looks like a Holyland itinerary on Journey next year. -loved our repo cruise on her in October/November.

Best

Cabo

Archived