Zip lines

booboo15

Honestly...do it! It's the most amazing thing. We did it in Jamaica and to be honest I was scared Sh*^(#s but it was the one excursion that hubby really wanted to do. So I sucked it up and went. Loved every minute of it and wanted to go again and again. Taking that first leap of faith is big but once you do and you feel very secure in your equipment you'll be fine.

Watching really isn't an option as they take you in the trees and up onto perches that you just couldn't get to rather than to Zip into.

Loved zip lining in Costa Rica. Want to try it again in Alaska. There is no where to watch but honestly the first 2 platforms were a blurr to me and after that I loved it and I don't like heights. I felt better after I saw the safety harnesses.

But you know your limits.:)

My husband wants to do one of the zip line tours. I am afraid of heights. How frightening is it really? Can I go just to watch/

Booboo15

Yes, you can just watch. But life is to short to just watch it. You have to experience life....even if it means swallowing some irrational fears. Don't let irrationality rule (or ruin) your life. Every moment is precious....so zip away! Scream all the way down if you want, but it will be a ride to remember.

On the excursion we went on they started with a lower zipline first. We were not very high over the water at all. The next one was a little higher and by the time we got to the highest one it was not very scary.

I am also scared of heights. When we got to the first line and I was getting set up to go, my heart was pounding so fast I thought it would come right out of my chest. I had to force myself to let go. And it was so much fun!! After the first line I got over it. Of course I didn't look down, just out at the beautiful views. I would do it again in an instant.

I am another that is scared to death of heights and I have zip lined twice. I loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat!!! The key is not to look down, just look out at the scenery and enjoy the beauty. We zip linned in Dominica and Cost Rica and the Costa Rica scenery was by far the best and the zip lines there were much higher and I wasn't bothered at all.

Go enjoy it, I doubt you will regret it.

• 5 months later...
ziplining is awesome and you should really try it. It's not scary at all and they teach you how to do everything

Hi there, I could really use some advise on this zip lining thing. My DH really wants to try it (neither of us have done this before). My problem is that I'm a little afraid of heights but more afraid that zip lining will feel like a roller coaster going down. My stomach is not big on roller coasters. For those of you who have done this before can you please let me know what it feels like going down the lines. Thanks Angela

Hi there, I could really use some advise on this zip lining thing. My DH really wants to try it (neither of us have done this before). My problem is that I'm a little afraid of heights but more afraid that zip lining will feel like a roller coaster going down. My stomach is not big on roller coasters. For those of you who have done this before can you please let me know what it feels like going down the lines. Thanks Angela

To me, it didn't feel like a roller coaster at all (I hate them too). I get motion sickness pretty bad, so rollercoaster, any big drop kind of rides really do me in. Ziplining? I LOVE IT!!!!! it's a bit scary taking that first step off the platform, but I guarantee you, once you get half way across, you'll be hooked!!

Gee... please let there be someone else like me who chickened out on the platform of the Zip Lines in Jamaica!:eek: Couldn't do it. Freaked out. Heart was pounding so bad I thought I'd die. Seriously. And the saddest thing is that DD (10 at the time) WENT AHEAD OF ME. It was just about the most awful position I've ever been in and I never want to attempt that again. Yes, yes, life is short, but I wanted to be alive (and not die of heart attack!) to get back on the cruise ship and not leave DD in Jamaica by herself!

Archived