Booked fall 2009 today....am I going crazy ?

Thoth

I always book 9 months to a year before. I am on Carnival New England/Canada Sept 2008 and was just on their website to see they change the itineary from Bar Harbor to Portland. I was counting on Bar Harbor but am ok with Portland. This happened on another cruise line years ago that change the whole itineary, 3 of their ports, needless to say I was not happy with that. Neither time have I been notified of the change, I think it should be cruiseline policy to notified of changes since veteran cruisers pick their trip by ports. I hope they keep to the itineary for you but I do watch Carnival website and find the often change itineary within a year of a trip.

I always book 9 months to a year before. I am on Carnival New England/Canada Sept 2008 and was just on their website to see they change the itineary from Bar Harbor to Portland. I was counting on Bar Harbor but am ok with Portland. This happened on another cruise line years ago that change the whole itineary, 3 of their ports, needless to say I was not happy with that. Neither time have I been notified of the change, I think it should be cruiseline policy to notified of changes since veteran cruisers pick their trip by ports. I hope they keep to the itineary for you but I do watch Carnival website and find the often change itineary within a year of a trip.

Bar Harbour would be nice due to the national park, but Portland should be fun as well. BUT if they wish to switch me from Portland to Bar Harbour much the better. Ain't gonna happen !

• 1 month later...

Since I have several in my group that want to do a pre cruise NY stay I am looking for a vacation home rental or timeshare or 2 in or around the NY area to rent.

I think I will have at least 10 adults that will want to do that option.

Anyone have any contacts or leads for me?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

No one is crazy to book early!! we just booked our first New England/Canada cruise the other day too...very excited about this one...never been up that way. We live in South Florida, so the ports there are so easy to get on an go! but living in sunshine all the time...I need a break to some chilly weather...so we will be on the Jewel of Seas Sept 27th-Oct 3rd 2009...my husband is all Florida..born and raised...so the cold takes some adjusting...so we opted for the later Sept.early Oct. one.. hope we can see some leaves changing...I would have opted for later Oct. but will give the warm blooded DH a break! LOL!

Happy Sailing to all!

• 2 months later...
No one is crazy to book early!! we just booked our first New England/Canada cruise the other day too...very excited about this one...never been up that way. We live in South Florida, so the ports there are so easy to get on an go! but living in sunshine all the time...I need a break to some chilly weather...so we will be on the Jewel of Seas Sept 27th-Oct 3rd 2009...my husband is all Florida..born and raised...so the cold takes some adjusting...so we opted for the later Sept.early Oct. one.. hope we can see some leaves changing...I would have opted for later Oct. but will give the warm blooded DH a break! LOL!

Happy Sailing to all!

Are you on the Sept 26 2009 sailing the Triumph with my little group?? Oh never mind I see I did not read your post well enough to see you are on JOS.

Too bad, it would have been nice to have another couple to join our party.. Maybe we will see you in port???

Are you on the Sept 26 2009 sailing the Triumph with my little group?? Oh never mind I see I did not read your post well enough to see you are on JOS.

Too bad, it would have been nice to have another couple to join our party.. Maybe we will see you in port???

You know...September 2009 isn't that far off now ! I started this thread back in March and my 12 Sept. cruise seemed like a long time out then.

• 2 weeks later...

We've been booked for Canada/New England next October since September. I'm having trouble being patient also! There's only so much you can do as far as pre planning, and I think I've done it all. I'm not so patiently occupying myself by reading everything I can find on these boards and elsewhere. I can understand completely!

I know how you feel about the wait. We went this year on HAL and I posted a reveiw with some of the ports highlights, so won't go into those here. You can view the review of the Eurodam.

The weather can play a large part of this trip as we had a "late" fall this year and the colors were not as farr along as we had wished. It is hard to say when they will change, but the scenery is still beautiful and i hope you have Boston on your agenda. The Freedom Trail is definately worth the time and effort. Here is wishing you the brightest of colors next year.

• 3 weeks later...
I know how you feel about the wait. We went this year on HAL and I posted a reveiw with some of the ports highlights, so won't go into those here. You can view the review of the Eurodam.

The weather can play a large part of this trip as we had a "late" fall this year and the colors were not as farr along as we had wished. It is hard to say when they will change, but the scenery is still beautiful and i hope you have Boston on your agenda. The Freedom Trail is definately worth the time and effort. Here is wishing you the brightest of colors next year.

Thanks ! yes Boston is on my agenda and I look forward to all that history.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I booked our late September 2009 Canada/New England cruise last August. I usually book early because I want my choice of cabins. We got a balcony cabin and since we booked our cruise, it has gone up $852 for the cabin. So, I am very glad I booked early as it seems to be filling up.

We are really looking forward to this cruise and am watching my countdown clock very closely.

I booked our late September 2009 Canada/New England cruise last August. I usually book early because I want my choice of cabins. We got a balcony cabin and since we booked our cruise, it has gone up $852 for the cabin. So, I am very glad I booked early as it seems to be filling up.

We are really looking forward to this cruise and am watching my countdown clock very closely.

Glad I booked early also. Being a solo traveler, I was stuck with that blasted single room supplement, which was $900 for an inside. New England isn't a bargain cruise.

• 1 month later...

We are booked on HAL's Maasdam! Can't wait - we have never been to any of the Boston/New England area ports and are very excited. Just seems like a loooong wait!!

We did try RCI last fall because we were seriously thinking of taking Jewel of the Seas but decided we like HAL better. Just more laid back and restful (we don't have young kids so no need for rockclimbing walls, etc.). Also, the food & service is MUCH better!!

Vickie

Gosh Thoth it has been almost a year since you first posted this thread.. We are down to Everyone still going with travel plans or has this economy crap causing cancellations..We are hanging in there and hope that the others in my group can all still go. 217 days for our sailing now..

Our cruises will be here before we know it. Just look how fast 2008 pasted us by.

We are booked on HAL's Maasdam! Can't wait - we have never been to any of the Boston/New England area ports and are very excited. Just seems like a loooong wait!!

We did try RCI last fall because we were seriously thinking of taking Jewel of the Seas but decided we like HAL better. Just more laid back and restful (we don't have young kids so no need for rockclimbing walls, etc.). Also, the food & service is MUCH better!!

Vickie

I traveled on the Maasdam once and found her most pleasing. Being a pre-mega class she provides a relatively more personalized experience. That itinerary with Montreal & St Lawrence River sounds very good.

I want to take my parents on a cruise to Canada/New England either this summer or early fall. Are the seas any rougher than Mexico or Caribbean at that time of year? Thanks!!

Good question, it is hard to find much info from those that sailed last year. I emailed 2 from a Sept roll call and got no replies on the subject..

At least the price is right for these limited sailings.. My little groups rate has come down twice since we booked a year ago..

Good question, it is hard to find much info from those that sailed last year. I emailed 2 from a Sept roll call and got no replies on the subject..

At least the price is right for these limited sailings.. My little groups rate has come down twice since we booked a year ago..

interesting ! Sounds like I need to talk with my travel agent and see if some of the price will be dropped. When I booked, the price I agreed to was $898 single room. Brochure listed "super saver' at $599...so it doesn't take a mathematics professor to decipher that I got the "super saver" rate @ 150%.

Archived