Warning teen club..four day Carnival cruise last summer..san Pedro

ladypalmtree

My 15 yr old just informed me that the teen club manager was buying alcohol for older teens in the teen club...they gave him money and he brought stuff in and they could put it in their soda. My daughter did not like hanging out in there for most of the trip. She had made a couple of friends and they did their own thing..she went to a dance and one other thing. She said she did not want to tell me then...cause Mama would cause a scene...you bet I would have turned him in! So....watch out parents!:eek:

No...do not know his name...he was in his 30's and latino...I saw him a couple of times. She just told me yesterday. I have to learn not to question my kid when she pulls away from a bad situtation on her own. Last year on the Diamond Princess she had met a group of kids and was with them a couple of days..Then she completly backed off from them and would not answer their calls or knocks on the door etc. She spent the rest of the cruise with her 11 year old cousin....come to find out after the cruise that the were drinking and um hooking up in one of the boys rooms...sometimes we need to trust their judgment...because I thought they seemed like nice kids...hmmmm

Well yes for the most part...sometimes she is a pain in the booty...like most teens...but I hope she continues to make wise choices..she always tells me...Mom ...lots of stuff out there...ready for the asking...I have not done it..but I could many times if I wanted to!...omg:eek:

I still think a letter to Carnival would help - even if you don't know his name.

Well she has a sail date and a ship...I'm sure they can figure out who it was.

Sure...if somebody has the email address....I have been thinking about it all night...ya...most teens would not tell...and she said it was for the older teens..she had just turned 15...it was the sixteen and seventeen year old boys who mostly partook....:(

My 15 yr old just informed me that the teen club manager was buying alcohol for older teens in the teen club...they gave him money and he brought stuff in and they could put it in their soda. My daughter did not like hanging out in there for most of the trip. She had made a couple of friends and they did their own thing..she went to a dance and one other thing. She said she did not want to tell me then...cause Mama would cause a scene...you bet I would have turned him in! So....watch out parents!:eek:

Hopefully, this was isolated incident.

My daugher is also 15 and I would think she would handle it the same way. However, what makes it so scarey is now the boys are drunk and can do things they normally would not do. I would hope my daughter would quickly leave once she seen what was going on.

I will have a talk with her before we leave. Thanks for the info.

"Sorry it was on the Paradise...August 6th four day cruise:confused:"

Am i missing something? This was 7 months ago ?

Do you really think Carnival is going to address it after so much time?

UNLESS you are not the only one to complain... Its your teenagers word against an employee.. I am not sure how they will respond..Personally i would like 5 minutes along with him... lol

Yes I was thinking the same thing...so I just decided to warn parents...that person my not even be on the ship anymore..she just told me yesterday...so...I did what I thought was best...Oh my husband would of had to hurt the guy...He was not with us...and I have not told him yet...:confused:

Yes I was thinking the same thing...so I just decided to warn parents...that person my not even be on the ship anymore..she just told me yesterday...so...I did what I thought was best...Oh my husband would of had to hurt the guy...He was not with us...and I have not told him yet...:confused:

I think at this point, its not worth upsetting your husband.. otherwise next cruise he will be looking to be someone up!Lol

No...do not know his name...he was in his 30's and latino...I saw him a couple of times. She just told me yesterday. I have to learn not to question my kid when she pulls away from a bad situtation on her own. Last year on the Diamond Princess she had met a group of kids and was with them a couple of days..Then she completly backed off from them and would not answer their calls or knocks on the door etc. She spent the rest of the cruise with her 11 year old cousin....come to find out after the cruise that the were drinking and um hooking up in one of the boys rooms...sometimes we need to trust their judgment...because I thought they seemed like nice kids...hmmmm

you could give them your booking number, and they could find out who it was though. That is most def against Carnival policy for an employee to do.

I would write the letter and tell them about it. They know who was assigned to that unit and they will take care of it.

Don't let this go by. Many of our youth are at risk here. Who is to say he is not getting them drunk then doing other thing to them? He could be raping our young girls and boys.

Don't let it get by without telling Carnival about it. This has not happened to my DD in Club 02, but i know she would let me know right then, and believe me, that crew member would not be allowed to step foot in there again as long as I was on board. My DD would let me know as soon as possible if it did. I would not only go to the purser desk, but the captain, and go on line right then and write carnival while still on the cruise.

As a parent, i am asking you to report him. I would be appaled if I found out this was happening when my Dd was in there. He needs to be stopped.

Does not matter if he is on that ship or not, HE IS ON A CARNIVAL SHIP AND doing the same thing to other kids.

PLEASE let Carnival know. I apperciate you letting me know, but I don't want the person in charge of my teen on my next cruise. HE needs to be reported, and discipanary action taken.

If you are afraid to report him, email me the info, and I will do it for you and your husband will not know anything about it.

I too think you should bring it to Carnivals attention.... Some kids aren't as smart as yours ;) . Many which fold under "peer pressure"

even tho you don't recall the employees name, They will atleast know they need to keep a better eye on those running the childrens programs.

Please report this for all the future crusing families :)

Thanks

I would definately write a letter to Carnival, not email them, and gve them the details. In fact, it might make more impact if your daughter also included a letter.

Thanks for the warning and a huge thanks to your daughter for telling you and being so mature to take herself away from the situation.

I hate to think this is not an isolated incident and it probably happens on many ships and cruise lines.

As the parent of a dd16, I know how hard it is to "break a confidence" when they tell you something. And yes, I'm sure many of us "older" folks still "spill" things (20-30 years later) we did in high school or college that our parents have/had no idea we did! What can they do to us now, years later? That is part of growing up - though, I must say, I was - and still am, as I proudly tell my daughter - a prude/square/nerd. Yes, she tells me that there is drinking/smoking/sex going on at the parties she attends. I hope that our morals have carried thru to her. (and I know they have, cause she constantly calls me to pick her up if things are getting too crazy) But I do think Carnival should be notified of the incidents that took place. Yes, it is 7 months later. It obviously bothered the teen enough to "spill the beans". Other people should be notified also. Does underage drinking occur on Carnival ships? Definitely. We have seen intoxicated young people on just about every cruise. (when we were on the Freedom in Dec., my dd's best friend was on the Liberty. Both ships "met" in Cozumel, and the girls hung together for a bit. That nite at dinner, my dd told us that "N" was drinking every nite - one of the guys she met had free access to the suite's fridge/bar, and the parents didn't care - even kept it stocked for him) But to have an employee buy the stuff for the minors? Unacceptable. I would write "As a concerned parent, I just want to bring a matter to your attention that I just found out about"... and go from there. We have to protect our kids - this guy gets his jollies from getting kids drunk, or from being the "big shot" to teens. Hopefully, he has already been terminated. Oh - and btw - we are sailing with "N" and her family this Dec. on Miracle - you had better believe I will be checking to see that those two 17 year olds come in sober each nite!

OK, I have a 16yr old son and he tells me everything, some things I just want to plug my ears and go "LaLaLa". What this guy did is illegal and he can go to jail for selling or giving alcohol to teens. He should be reported no matter how much time has passed. He is most probably still employed with Carnival and continues to do the same thing.

A mother was jailed recently for giving alcohol to her son and his friends.

I know the drinking age is different in some countries but the Carnival policy is the same as in the US.

We are cruising in 2 weeks and I hope he won't be on our cruise because my son has a big mouth and so do I!:D

OK I first want to say how awful for you to hear this now, and so great your daughter knew to stay away.

That said, please no one take this the wrong way as it is not meant to defend any behavior like this at all.....my thought is also that you must report to Carnival what your daughter has reported, with more specifics that can let Carnival be sure to punish justly. For example, did your daughter see it, or hear about it from bragging teen boys?

Giving money to a manager? Well then he or she would have to pay cash at the staff bar for it? Is that how they purchase liquor on board? I don't know, but this is the kind of detail Carnival will need so badly to act.

The managers must work very long and hard to get there and I would hate to see someone innocent have their record marked at the very least with suspicions since I think too much time has passed to prove this particular case right or wrong.

Our teenagers drove us nuts trying to supervise them, but our biggest problem was all the passengers who thought it was fine or funny or whatever to pass along beers to our 16 and 17 yr old kids, at the pool especially!!

Let's pray that the parents of those drinking boys saw something when their tipsy teens arrived back and this guy is long gone already!!!

JMHO :)

Actually if you use the customer service, you get quicker responses than snail mail.

Each time I have made a complaint, I get a generic letter back, but if it is something that demands more attention, I get a letter about 3 weeks later explaining the situation etc......

I hope that something is done about this person. I just hope that it is done before October, and this young man is not on my cruise because if my dd tells me anything like this, I will be reporting it.

We always ask her how things are going at dinner each night. If she does not like something, she will tell us so.

Archived