Did someone post about higher cruise fares recently?

MamaParrotHead

I was cleaning out my desk and found all 3 of our cruise invoices. First one was from Valor Eastern 5/05, second one was Triumph Western 4/07 and the one we have booked is for Glory "Exotic Western" 11/09. Same cabin category (6B) for all three. And from 5/05 to 11/09 there's only a $150 per person difference. Only a $30 difference from 4/07 to 11/09 (and technically, this 11/09 cruise we have the new fuel surcharge and 4 ports whereas the others were only 3 port itineraries).

I thought that was pretty interesting.

Paying the highest price ever for New Years cruise on Liberty this year. $1,150 pp outside. While this is about twice what we've paid in the past I knew it would be more over the holiday. It looks like the ship is booking up already, too!

Depends on the ship/itinerary/port, etc. and also time of year. If you compared the exact same cruise, date, etc you would probably see more of a difference. A cruise in November won't be the same as a cruise in April/May. Cruises that sell well, have gone up. Then again, the prices still aren't as high as they were many years ago.

We booked an 8C on the Valor 4-09 so we could get the same type cabin we had when we were on the Triumph. Quite a jump from doing a BL, I tell ya! But, I figure I know what we're getting this time, so it's worth the extra bucks. Either way, I figure these prices are only going to go up and up this time around. MHO.:rolleyes:

Archived