How does Dembarkation work?

stsomewhere

That's pretty much it! You have breakfast, take any last minute photos, and when you're ready you simply walk off the ship, get your luggage, pass through customs, and go home.

It sure beats waiting around for two hours waiting for your color to be called like other lines do.

We just sailed on carnival. We had to be out of our cabins by 8am and breakfast started at 6:30. I think we didn't get off until 10.

We did a Carnival Cruise a year and a half ago and I hated the waiting around. It seemed a little disorganized for something that was billed as an organized dembarkment!

I am looking forward to Disney's method.

I believe you have to be out of your stateroom by 8:00 am and off the ship by 9:00 am. But you can leave the ship as soon as they announce it is o.k. to do so. On our first cruise we were off the ship as soon as it cleared to get to WDW :), but on our second cruise we took our time and didn't get off until later. Either way was great as we didn't have to sit around and wait for a color or deck to be called to disembark the ship.

Your supposed to have your last breakfast in the dining room in which you had the previous dinner because that's where your servers will probably be. You don't have to though if there's another place that you'd rather go.

On our last cruise, we weren't in a hurry to leave having had a wonderful time and our plane not leaving until 5:00. We had breakfast late then wandered around for a bit. When we left through the lobby, they were cleaning up and we were apparently one of the last to leave at moments before 10:00 because the crew member checking us off knew our names and seemed relieved.

It made finding our luggage very easy in that there were only 30 or so bags left.

On our Disney cruises, we always stay in our cabin until we're good and ready to leave (they haven't had to throw us off...yet). I go to the buffet and load up a tray with breakfast for everyone in the cabin. We eat out on the balcony. No requirement to eat in any specific dining room. We take our time, and make the most of every minute we have on the ship.

Howard

Archived