How many reward pts. needed?

stsomewhere

We just booked our first Disney cruise. I just remebered we have a Disney card. We used it a few years ago 0%interest on trip to WDW. How many points do you need to get anything for free?

Should I start using it on a regular basis to accumulate points?

Yes, use your card as much as you can before your cruise to accumulate more points. I also booked our cruise with our Disney Card and was able to get a bonus $50 on board credit (not sure if they are still doing that but it's worth a try!). About 4 to 6 weeks before you leave on your cruise, call and request your rewards card. After arriving on the ship, take the rewards card to guest services and your room will be credited...works just like cash! Have a great cruise!:D

the way the points work, you get one point for every 100 dollars spent I believe.

they keep accumulating. They will show on your monthly statement and when they expire which is about 10 years from the date earned.

Once you have $20 or more you can redeem them, but once you redeem them you will loose them if not used by the expiration date on the rewards card they send you.

You must call or go online to redeem them. TIt takes about 2 weeks to receive your rewards card and it will have an expiration date, usually the last day of the year. So only put the amount of rewards dollars you want to use before that expiration date or you will loose them.

You can add more points at anytime on line or by calling them.

You then use that card to pay at disney stores on property or food there. onthe ship you go to guest services and tell them how much you want transfered to your ships account.

we did this a few times to help pay down our ship board account. One time we wanted to us emor epoints than we had on our card, so we got on line at the internet cafe and transfered points over to the card, then walked right to guest services to add them to our account. it is that fast to do.

I use it for lots of stuff, even groceries and gas, then pay it off completely every month so I am not paying interest. It is amazing how quickly the points can add up.

They can really help with the cost of the trip.

mom x4,grandma x4

the way the points work, you get one point for every 100 dollars spent I believe.

they keep accumulating. They will show on your monthly statement and when they expire which is about 10 years from the date earned.

Once you have $20 or more you can redeem them, but once you redeem them you will loose them if not used by the expiration date on the rewards card they send you.

You must call or go online to redeem them. TIt takes about 2 weeks to receive your rewards card and it will have an expiration date, usually the last day of the year. So only put the amount of rewards dollars you want to use before that expiration date or you will loose them.

You can add more points at anytime on line or by calling them.

You then use that card to pay at disney stores on property or food there. onthe ship you go to guest services and tell them how much you want transfered to your ships account.

we did this a few times to help pay down our ship board account. One time we wanted to us emor epoints than we had on our card, so we got on line at the internet cafe and transfered points over to the card, then walked right to guest services to add them to our account. it is that fast to do.

I use it for lots of stuff, even groceries and gas, then pay it off completely every month so I am not paying interest. It is amazing how quickly the points can add up.

They can really help with the cost of the trip.

mom x4,grandma x4

Does 1 pt=$1?

I like I have 90 points, so it would be $90?

We are going in Aug 09. I can use use it just like an Amex, and pay off at the end of the month with no interest?

Does 1 pt=$1?

We are going in Aug 09. I can use use it just like an Amex, and pay off at the end of the month with no interest?

CAn I use the points for anything on the ship such as photos, drinks, etc.?

This sounds wonderful.

"CAn I use the points for anything on the ship such as photos, drinks, etc.? This sounds wonderful."

When you give the card to guest services, they will credit the amount to your account and you can use it for anything at all. You cannot take the card to a shop onboard and use it, you must take it to guest services. It really helps out on excursions, drinks, photos, tips, etc.

"CAn I use the points for anything on the ship such as photos, drinks, etc.? This sounds wonderful."

When you give the card to guest services, they will credit the amount to your account and you can use it for anything at all. You cannot take the card to a shop onboard and use it, you must take it to guest services. It really helps out on excursions, drinks, photos, tips, etc.

I am going to use it as much as I can.

• 2 weeks later...

To get the $50 OBC for booking a cruise, you need to pay both your deposit and final payment with your Disney Visa, I believe. The 0 percent 6 months no interest is also very nice, and you get it on the deposit and the final payment.

Occassionally they have deals where you can earn 2 percent on groceries or gas if you spend a certain amount.

Also after ordering your initial rewards card, you can call and have any additional awards added onto your card right before you leave for your trip or even while you are on your trip.

Does 1 pt=$1?

If 1 point = $100 charged, and I did my math correctly, and , you would have had to charge $9,000 to get 90 points??? :eek:

If 1 point = $100 charged, and I did my math correctly, and , you would have had to charge $9,000 to get 90 points??? :eek:

Yes, you are correct. Except when Disney has a special promotion. For the last couple months they have offered 5 points for every $100. We put our entire cruise on ours, bought groceries and gas on it, and filtered some of our utility bills through it. We pay it off every month. With the special promotion, we earned nearly $300 in the last year to spend on our cruise. We will be rebooking for a cruise in 2 yrs. By then we should have a nice savings for the next trip!

I got the card today, less than 2 weeks, and booked a cruise. :D How do you find out the promos, such as double points?

The might have more info on the web site: Chase.com/disney

You can pay your bill there online. It's easier than writing a check.

Archived