I Love The Blue Clutch...doc Dance Time!!!!

wizard-of-roz

Does anyone have a picture of their HAL doc folder (luggage tags as well)? I'd love to see what they look like!!

I am also very excited about getting the clutch and would love to see a picture of it if anyone has one. It will be so much more fun to do the doc dance with real documents. No fun to do it with a piece of paper printed from cruiseline website.:rolleyes:

I found these pictures from posts when they first came out October 2006

img1789jm2.jpg

img1792qm2.jpg

Hi Roz! Congrats on the docs. I'm still waiting to get ours. I can't wait to see you, Morey, and Brenda on the "O!" This time I'm sailing with a co-worker and her aunt.

Marcia (from the Golden Princess last November)

I have been on 5 HAL cruises, and except for first in 2001, I have received nothing more than edocs since. Is it because I purchase online, rather than go to a travel agency? My last voyage (on Cunard in January) was purchased from an online agency and they sent me a beautiful doc wallet.:confused:

I have been on 5 HAL cruises, and except for first in 2001, I have received nothing more than edocs since. Is it because I purchase online, rather than go to a travel agency? My last voyage (on Cunard in January) was purchased from an online agency and they sent me a beautiful doc wallet.:confused:
Some TA's, especially on-line ones, "save money" by not forwarding the docs to you. Our brick-and-mortar local TA asks us to pick them up at his office, but it's only a couple of miles away. I'd say if you really want the doc wallet, change TA's. :)

Some TA's, especially on-line ones, "save money" by not forwarding the docs to you. Our brick-and-mortar local TA asks us to pick them up at his office, but it's only a couple of miles away. I'd say if you really want the doc wallet, change TA's. :)

I wonder what if I'd purchased online directly from HAL? Would they send me wallet?

Oceania and Crystal have gorgeous leather type document folders -- the HAL fabric is more feminine but the others are similar to passport holders that are sold at travel agencies like Magellans. Since we sail HAL about 3x a year I have quite a collection and some are the simulated leather. All are very high quality.

I found these pictures from posts when they first came out October 2006

img1789jm2.jpg

img1792qm2.jpg

WOW!! :eek: Those are beautiful (if docs can be beautiful). :D Those are so much nicer than the heavy dark blue paper folders that we get on Carnival. Do you have to be in a suite to get one of those? We're in a category VF (Deluxe Verandah Outside cabin number VF5064) so we got a balcony but it's not a suite. I can't wait to do the doc dance with something like that!! :D We sail December 27th, 2008 so when should we expect our docs (we booked directly through HAL if that makes a difference)?

ms Eurodam, here we come!!!! :D

WOW!! :eek: Those are beautiful (if docs can be beautiful). :D Those are so much nicer than the heavy dark blue paper folders that we get on Carnival. Do you have to be in a suite to get one of those? We're in a category VF (Deluxe Verandah Outside cabin number VF5064) so we got a balcony but it's not a suite. I can't wait to do the doc dance with something like that!! :D We sail December 27th, 2008 so when should we expect our docs (we booked directly through HAL if that makes a difference)?

ms Eurodam, here we come!!!! :D

Unless HAL changes the Docs between now and then you will definitely get the same docs.:) Final payment is due 75 to 70 days prior to your cruise and documents usually arrive about 3 to 5 week after final payment. I have known people to make their final payment something 3 or 4 months prior to the cruise and they have received their documents about 3 weeks after they paid. YES I have heard where booking directly thru HAL you do get you documents a bit earlier due to being no middle man:)

Do you have to be in a suite to get one of those?

We sail December 27th, 2008 so when should we expect our docs (we booked directly through HAL if that makes a difference)?

Everyone gets these document holders ... unless you booked with a TA that is too cheap to forward them to you. :( For the last few cruises we've gotten our docs 6 to 7 weeks before cruising. IIRC the one time we booked direct with HAL it was more like 8 weeks. (No HAL air involved in any.)

Do you have to be in a suite to get one of those? We're in a category VF (Deluxe Verandah Outside cabin number VF5064) so we got a balcony but it's not a suite. I can't wait to do the doc dance with something like that!! :D

Everyone gets it.

Archived