I Love The Blue Clutch...doc Dance Time!!!!

wizard-of-roz

I wish the other lines would take HAL's lead on the beautiful clutch containing our doc's.

I brought it to to work to show it off....Makes me want to buy a "blue" formal to wear with it.

Imagine, shopping around the "doc holder!" What a concept!!!!

All those who have cruised on other lines could not believe how "rich" the quality was......"Makes you want to book a HAL cruise!!!!!"

Jim: You are so right!! Boy! How some people can be so reality oriented!!!!

It still beats those damn paper things that most lines ask us to "pump out" and the luggage tags on HAL make you feel like cruises of "yesteryear!"

Okay, okay....I paid plenty for all of it....I still like feeling like I'm getting my monies worth!!!!! ;)

We just received our "blue clutch" yesterday and I remarked to my husband that I wondered how long it will be before they, too, become a thing of the past. With more and more cruiselines looking to cut corners, I'm surprised HAL still offers the clutch. Hope it sticks around for a long time to come!

Jo-Ann

How many clutches do you own?

I have quite the collection of Blue Clutches and plan to add to the collection in about 6 weeks:D I will admit the last 5 or 6 are the prettiest:) Much better in cloth than the older pleather ones;)

My father passed in Jan and in cleaning up his stuff I found one of the old blue clutches. It is tri-fold. I plan on using it for my next cruise. (I also found his and my mother's 50 day pins - I may start wearing one of those instead of mine)

Just got our docs:D !! Hope you can hear me over the loud DANCING going on:D :D :D

Someone a while ago mentioned they only give you 2 bag tags. We got 6 with ours, which is what we have always received in the past. Wonder if it is because we are on a 19 day cruise?

In difference to Wizard of Roz, yes, the "clutches" are very nice.

Happy Cruising everyone....And, I want to live in Lisa's world!!!!!!!:D

:eek: Oh Roz, I really do not think you want that. Working with car Salesmen 6 days a weeks is really not that glamours :D Then my only hobby and life is cruising and the CC board. Luckily Tom also enjoys that hobby so we just go to work come home and turn around and do it again the next day just to collect a pay check to pay for this obsession:o

Just got our docs:D !! Hope you can hear me over the loud DANCING going on:D :D :D

Someone a while ago mentioned they only give you 2 bag tags. We got 6 with ours, which is what we have always received in the past. Wonder if it is because we are on a 19 day cruise?

In difference to Wizard of Roz, yes, the "clutches" are very nice.

The quote didn't work quite right....

We only got 3 luggage tags and I'll need four. Guess I'll have to get another from the stevedors.

And the clutch IS much nicer than the last one.

All that paper inside the blue clutch is essentially useless. The only thing you need is the luggage tags.

When we checked in last month the only things they wanted was our on line boarding pass and passport. I remember the days when they tore a page out of that small book with the documents, but not any longer.

Geeeeeezzzzz...Typhoon, can you take the wind out of our sails a little faster????

Lisa: I have a feeling you'd look gorgeous in any dress...

Kakalina: You are right up there with my admiration for cruising time!!!

OK, OK, I agree, it's a nice looking folder for the docs. Let's think about all the paper we could be saving by doing away with all the junk inside the clutch.

IMO, it will just be a matter of time before HAL joins everyone else and eliminates all that wasted paper. Think of all the money they could be saving.

First, let me express my sympathy at the passing of your father. Second, I wanted to say what a nice sentiment for you to use their clutch and wear their pins. I think they would be flattered that you wanted to do that. :) A very nice sentiment indeed.

My father passed in Jan and in cleaning up his stuff I found one of the old blue clutches. It is tri-fold. I plan on using it for my next cruise. (I also found his and my mother's 50 day pins - I may start wearing one of those instead of mine)

Geeeeeezzzzz...Typhoon, can you take the wind out of our sails a little faster????

Lisa: I have a feeling you'd look gorgeous in any dress...

Kakalina: You are right up there with my admiration for cruising time!!!

:o Thank You Roz :) I am sure you will look quite lovely in your Formel wear too.

I remember the days when they tore a page out of that small book with the documents, but not any longer.
If you buy HAL air or HAL airport-to-pier transfers there will be vouchers that they tear out.

I can't wait to see mine. :D I sail on my 1st HAL cruise this December for New Years aboard the Eurodam. :D I usually sail Carnival and you get a heavy blue paper folder with your docs in it (when you get paper docs at all - they're really pushing e-docs now). :( Still fun and exciting but not nearly as nice as the HAL one sounds!! :D

Does anyone have a picture of their HAL doc folder (luggage tags as well)? I'd love to see what they look like!!

I am also very excited about getting the clutch and would love to see a picture of it if anyone has one. It will be so much more fun to do the doc dance with real documents. No fun to do it with a piece of paper printed from cruiseline website.:rolleyes:

Archived