Where do we fly into for Voyager to Bermuda?

JacDro

Flying from Detroit Metro in May for the Voyager to Bermuda. Would like to do day before and day after to see the sights of New York. My kids and grandkids have never seen the Statue of Liberty, etc. My 21 year old daughter wants to shop. Where do we fly into? If Newark, how far is New York City? Thanks so much for the information.

Defintely flt to Newark (EWR). I live in Jersey City. Get a hotel there and take the ferry, bus, or path train (5 minutes) into NYC to sight see. I would look for a hotel in the newport area. It's right on the hudson river and an easy commute to NYC. Also, the light rail is there. I know it goes to Bayonne from where RCI leaves to Bermuda. I don't know if the light rail takes you to Port Liberty, though.

will look into airfare today. Was hoping you would say NY. Airfare much cheaper -- although hotels would probably be much higher. Thanks again. Hope you both enjoy any future cruises. God bless.

Believe it or not, Newark airport is MUCH closer to Manhattan than either Kennedy or LaGuardia, so you will save a lot in transportation also. Liberty State Park (access to Ellis Island - excellent place to visit - and Statue of Liberty) is also in NJ.

We drove from mid michigan to nework this past week. Be prepaired it was a night mare getting around the airport. Spend 3 hours just trying to get to the holiday inn. We stayed closer to Bayonne and it was a wonderful. We drove to liberty state park and also went to ground zero. We loved every moment of the trip.

Newark Airport is the best airport of the three serving NYC, but think about where you stay.

First off there is NO amtrak station in Jersey city. There are PATH subway trains into NYC as well as Ferry service. To the airport (particularly if you have a cruise's worth of baggage) a cab is the best option to you hotel. The Hyatt is a nice place and about 1/2 the price of anything in NYC. The ferry ride is admazing at night, view from the hotel is incredible!

There are many airport hotels near Newark Airport. In particular there is a small cluster of relatively new 2 1/2 star places (the Country Inn, Residence Inn and a Courtyard) right across from the Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall.

Don't even think of staying in Downtown Newark (ie the Gateway Hilton) if you can avoid it: overpriced, not nice and uncomfortably unsafe at night

I've stayed at Newark Airport twice for trips into NYC and no longer recommend it. It costs a small fortune to get into the city ($11.55 each way to NYC from the airport) and service is unpredictable (both bus and rail are subject to frequent delays and overcrowding) I usually spring to be in the city itself if that's my primary destination, knowing that I'll likely end up in a small hotel room no matter how much I pay. I recommend applecorehotels.com for the best budget hotels in the city.

Archived