laundry tip

Good tip, I'm going to try this.

I'll add another, Shopping/packing tip for travelers:

When deciding on outfits grab the material and scrunch it in your hand. If it holds the wrinkles in that short of time, pass it up. There are many fabrics that travel well, and you shouldn't have to spend precious vacation time ironing... or at least don't pack a lot of them.

Good tip, Kitty!

Here's a post-cruise laundry tip if you have any workout clothes or swimsuits that smell mildewed after sitting in the suitcase on the way home. Wash in the warmest water possible, add a cup of white vinegar to the wash water, and also program an additional rinse. Don't use fabric softener or bleach. Be sure to dry very, very well.

You might wind up with a light vinegar scent, but mildew will be gone!

very brief pre cruise ( or any time) laundry tip after wash and before dry-squeeze a quarter lemon onto the dryer dryer softener sheet- any old smells are gone and clothes smell fresh for a week!

I have a friend who will sponge on a tiny amount of lemon juice to her dry cleaning clothing after a wear. she then hangs the outfit on th eporch for 30 minutes to air and for the dampness to dry out.

I am afraid of bleaching out my clothing though by the sunlight on the lemon-so I just use the home dry cleaning kit in my dryer tofreshen my clothing-as really that is only for freshening clothing-clothes still need to go to the drycleaners.

Now here is a tip for those who have a problem with a perspiration smell staying in their clothing after it is washed. Add a cup of white vinegar to the wash before washing the clothing-if you have a especially bad problem- pour it directly on the clothing that has the odor.

The white vinegar will get the smell out.

thank you for sharing these laundry tips!

I also scrunch material before buying! I do not like to take clothes that need an ironing before wearing (after being packed for a trip)

So many a pretty outfit has not been bought because of the wrinkling effect.

Archived