Posting or freighting back to your home

We will be doing 2 b2b cruises in the med starting in Aug this year, followed by another 3.5 weeks in Europe post cruise. For these cruises we will have all of our formal gear with us (3 people), which we won't be needing in Europe, so don't really want to lug around with us. Does anyone have any idea what it would cost to post?? say one 20kg suitcase from either Venice or Rome back to New Zealand? Otherwise, how we could go about getting a costing for this, or any other ideas on how to get the gear back home "alone"? Thanks.

Someone must have some idea how to get the gear back home, or at least who to contact to find out. I am desperate, because if we have to lug this gear around, DH won't let me do any shopping for the rest of the trip - I don't know how I will cope!!:o

Someone must have some idea how to get the gear back home, or at least who to contact to find out. I am desperate, because if we have to lug this gear around, DH won't let me do any shopping for the rest of the trip - I don't know how I will cope!!:o

Probably not done very much so your request could fall on deaf ears.

Go online and check out the various companies (FedEx, UPS, DHL etc) to see if they serve Italy to NZ, if so they will also state the terms and conditions (weight, price ec.).

Have a good cruise.

Ron

We will be doing 2 b2b cruises in the med starting in Aug this year, followed by another 3.5 weeks in Europe post cruise. For these cruises we will have all of our formal gear with us (3 people), which we won't be needing in Europe, so don't really want to lug around with us. Does anyone have any idea what it would cost to post?? say one 20kg suitcase from either Venice or Rome back to New Zealand? Otherwise, how we could go about getting a costing for this, or any other ideas on how to get the gear back home "alone"? Thanks.

May I make a suggestion?

Cruiseline formalwear will rent formal wear for use on the ship.

You may want to consider this instead of taking all your formal wear with you. I use to have the webpage address but I can't find it at the moment. this may be cheaper than shipping a suitcase back to New Zealand. Other alternatives would be to look at the air cargo arm of your normal airlines.

Rod

Archived