Walking Around Labadee

I find the sand at Labadee a little course. For me it is too abrasive to walk very far barefoot. I have beach sandals from LL Bean that work beautifully there. (and Coco Cay, too.) You can get them wet if you want to wade a little in the water.

By the way, some above have said the sand is hard packed sand. Maybe the base of the sand is hard packed, but the top layer is quite loose and deep enough that it is easy to get sand in your shoes if you are wearing a typical closed jogging or walking shoe.

From the tender boat dock to Dragon's Breath Point is about a third of a mile, maybe a little more. It is a pleasant walk and lovely view. I hope you enjoy Labadee as much as we do.

It's worth the walk. There are plenty of great things to see and incredible shots of the ship from around the island. The paths are a mix of packed sand (some with loose sand on top) and rock paved paths. If you can be sure to head out to the end of the rock path by the zip line's ending platform. The sand was to hot to walk bare foot in June but sandals were fine.

Archived