Reviews for This Guide Please

Ok, I've asked about one guide and did not get favorable reviews so I'm trying again. Thanks to everyone who replied to my other post.

Can anyone give me reviews on Stefano Costantini of Rome Cabs?

Thank you in advance for all your help. It's a once in a lifetime trip for our 86 year old mother and we want it to be outstanding.

He also recommended Salvatore Lucibello for Naples. Any thoughts on him also would be appreciated.

I have used Rome Cabs for both transfers & about 6 tours. I also have them booked this fall. They just can't be beat. I've never had the pleasure of meeting Stefano because he was already booked at the time I needed someone. He sent one of his associates, Marco, who was a fantastic guide & driver. They both speak very good English & are very knowledgeable about Rome. You can check out the website at http://romecabs.com or e-mail Stefano at romecabs@yahoo.com. If you e-mail, Stefano will reply promptly with a quote. Stefano is a great communicator & never minds answering any questions you have. He also gives you his cell phone number so you can call him if you are delayed getting to Rome or if you have any reason to need to get in touch with him. Happy travels!!!!

Regading Rome Cabs............I forgot to say in my original post that if Stefano himself is not available, he would send only a very competent driver/guide, not some "runt of the litter". Stefano takes great pride in the services he offers & would not risk his reputation by sending someone unqualified. He definitly wants happy customers & he & his driver/guides do everything in their power to see that you have an outstanding time.

We had Salvatore for our day in Naples--he was very good. We would certainly use him again.

We asked that the take us down the Amalfi coast and to Pompeii. He is very knowledgeable and personable.

We used Salvatore for a tour of the Amalfi Coast and loved him and his tour- I can't say enough good things about him. It was a highlight of our trip! We also used Stefano for transport from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the pier and from the pier back to the airport. All three trips were perfect - on time with professional drivers (we did not have Stefano himself) and will use him again on our next visit.

• 7 months later...

We just returned from the Med last Sunday.

I had my second tour of Rome with Stefano. Everything was excellent on both tours. Stefano will be sure that he arranges for every detail from tickets to private guides (and in our case a tray full of delicious Sicilian canolli - yum!) You will walk right past everyone else standing in line for attractions. He is the ultimate gentelman!

I also used Drive Amalfi in Naples. We were assigned Roberto as a driver. What a terrific young man! Roberto lives in Amalfi so we felt like we were being invited rather than toured. He arranged a family style lunch for us at an out-of the-tourist-trap retaurant with a spectacular view. We met Salvatore along our route. He was as gracious as our email exchanges made him appear.

I highly recommend both of these companies!!

We toured with Salvatore of DriveAmalfi last week and had a wonderful time. He is a real gentleman and very knowledgable too as he is from the Amalfi area. And yes, that restaurant has a spectacular view and great limoncello. In Rome we toured with Maurizio of RomeCabs. He was very accommodating and took us straight through the lines at the Coliseum and the Vatican Museum which allowed us to see a lot in a short time. He also took us to a charming outdoor restaurant near the Via Veneto that was incredibly reasonable. We were very pleased with both of these companies and would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone looking for a private tour.

Another vote for Salvatore from Driveamalfi. We had him earlier this month, he was wonderful...and I love having a very good looking Italian man tell me he's "at my disposal" ;). We had friends who toured by themselves with Roberto and they raved about him also.

We used Stefano of Rome Cabs for not only a tour of Rome, but also a 2-day tour into the Tuscany area and a one-day post-cruise into Umbria area. We had Stefano himself and what a treat! He is the best! He is a very safe driver and also knows a lot of history, especially Etruscan history.

• 3 weeks later...

We didn't get Stefano and can't remember our driver's name right now, but it was an awesome day! We used Rome Cabs while in Rome and saw everything we "had" to see in one day - even spent 2 hours in Vatican Museum with no line and driver recommended great restaurant for lunch. He was on time to pick us up at ship in a Mercedes 6-seat van, very comfortable and he was very knowledgeable. I understand they do tours all over Italy. If I had known that, we would have used them the whole time we were there! Highly recommend!!

Archived