Palmar Estate Beach Club

lrtjs5

Eventually where did you go in April. Would you recommend any place that you may have visited?

We went to Playa Corona. We are not beach people, not interested in an All Inclusive beach resort and all the beach activities. We only wanted to go snorkeling from the shore and spend a few hpours at the water. Playa Corona doesn't cost to get in, had decent snorkeling and had places to sit in the shade while having a beer. They have no pool, limited menu. It worked for us, others, maybe not.

We went to Playa Corona. We are not beach people, not interested in an All Inclusive beach resort and all the beach activities. We only wanted to go snorkeling from the shore and spend a few hpours at the water. Playa Corona doesn't cost to get in, had decent snorkeling and had places to sit in the shade while having a beer. They have no pool, limited menu. It worked for us, others, maybe not.

Thanks.:)

• 3 months later...

I have been interested in PalMar Beach Club and Butterfly Sanctuary, as well. It is sad that Sherri's (not-so-neighborly) neighbors are (in my opinion) giving her such a bad time.:(

My question is: Has anyone visited PalMar lately? I have tried to e-mail but haven't gotten a response yet. I am thinking of just going ahead and making the reservation on-line, and if she's not able to do business, I hope that she will let me know.

Not a big drinker, but would like to go and enjoy the sanctuary and sit by the pool and have a drink and snacks! ... If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate any information or update. We cruise in 33 days!!!:) ~ Tom

What is the snorkeling really like at palmar? I mean is the reef vibrant, are there lots of fish, or is the reef dying and just a few fish hanging out.

Been quite a few places where " Oh yeah great snorkeling " only to see a bunch of sea grass. Going to have some first timers with me, so want to make a good impression.

The reef took a pounding from Hurricane Wilma but is starting to come back. Most of the shallow coral took one heck of a beating. We were in port 3 months after the storm and the piers where completely demolished. Nothing left but jumbled concrete not steel. There isn't a lot of coral but you will see plenty of fish. We saw a Moray Eel in one of the coralheads. If you want to see good coral you need to take a boat trip out to one of the deeper reefs.

The best that I have seen was in Belize and Honduras.

Sherri Davis, of www.cozumelinsider.com and owner of PalMar, sent me an e-mail today suggesting that I find another beach.:( This really saddens me, as I feel she has done a great service promoting tourism in Cozumel. Like many of us, Sherri fell in love with the island and she had the foresight and will to move there and provide a thriving business for all to enjoy!

The saddest part of her response was the fact that the employees of her neighbor, (I assume under the direction of mgmt. and owner) money bar (not deserving of capitalization) have been spraying pesticides on a daily basis effecting her Butterfly Sanctuary (and subsequently her beach estate).:mad: Also, upon returning to the island, she risks (will be jailed) other concequenses as they want her land.

So, we will find someplace else to go; however, rest assured it will not be the mb! They are not reputable business people in my books!:eek:

Sherri also stated that her IslaMar Villas were still open and doing rental business ... too bad I am only there for a few hours. I would really enjoy visiting with Sherri and her staff! ... God bless you Sherri and staff for the good you have done.:) ~ Tom

• 8 months later...
Sherri Davis, of www.cozumelinsider.com and owner of PalMar, sent me an e-mail today suggesting that I find another beach.:( This really saddens me, as I feel she has done a great service promoting tourism in Cozumel. Like many of us, Sherri fell in love with the island and she had the foresight and will to move there and provide a thriving business for all to enjoy!

The saddest part of her response was the fact that the employees of her neighbor, (I assume under the direction of mgmt. and owner) money bar (not deserving of capitalization) have been spraying pesticides on a daily basis effecting her Butterfly Sanctuary (and subsequently her beach estate).:mad: Also, upon returning to the island, she risks (will be jailed) other concequenses as they want her land.

So, we will find someplace else to go; however, rest assured it will not be the mb! They are not reputable business people in my books!:eek:

Sherri also stated that her IslaMar Villas were still open and doing rental business ... too bad I am only there for a few hours. I would really enjoy visiting with Sherri and her staff! ... God bless you Sherri and staff for the good you have done.:) ~ Tom

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/%5Cindex.php?Page=Coupons&LinkCode=BUTTERFLIES&From=BUTTERFLIES

Still appearing on above website. Any recent info??

No new updates, its seems Sherri is still not allowed to return to the island and the legal battle over land she owns, and the company next door wanting her land all of that is still in limbo. As many have said she was an asset to many cruisers, unfortunately MONEY can buy you about anything in Cozumel. Try PLAYA Uvas it offers about the same snorkeling service etc, except the butterflies.

Archived