Mercury-B2B-2/17 & 3/2

Karynanne

We just returned from a fantastic B2B trip.

Embarking in Sydney on 2/18, was one of the most beautiful sailaways, I have ever seen. We we're out on the Aft deck, and at one point, I looked to my right, and saw the Sydney Opera House in all it's splendor. With it's sail-like architecture....it appeared as if the Opera House was moving past us...instead of of US, sailing past it. A wonderful illusion!

Sydney itself, is a wonderful city. Very cosmopolitan, trendy, and offers any visitor a variety of things to do, and places to see. We loved it. We took a luncheon, harbor cruise, and got to view this fabulous harbor from a different vantage point. We had a beautiful, sunny day to enjoy it all.

We had Sky Suite #1226. A lovely cabin, along with a wonderful Butler, Mateus. He was the best! He did his best to make sure that we were well fed....too well fed!

The ship, in our opinion, was in great shape. This was our 7th & 8th cruises on Mercury, and we were not disappointed in any way. We knew what to expect...and quite truthfully, our expectations were exceeded. The crew and staff were absolutely wonderful. So friendly. We saw quite a few of them, that had remembered us from previous cruises.

We travelled with friends, so our tablemates were the best!

We've always enjoyed the food on Mercury, and this trip we found the food to be actually better. Yes, there have been some changes with the menus, but for the better. Now keep in mind, that food vendors have a lot to do with how the meats taste, or how fresh the veggies are, etc. The Australian vendors must have been very good, because the meals were extremely good. I especially enjoyed all the fish. Prepared beautifully.

I post more when I get a bit more caught up on things.

Karyn

Welcome back, Karyn,

We got off Mercury the day you got on and we, too, thought it was a wonderful cruise on a fantastic ship. We had the best Cabin Attendant ever -- Shawn, and loved cabin 8004.

What kind of weather did you encounter going over the Tasman? Through the Sounds??

Welcome back, Karyn,

We got off Mercury the day you got on and we, too, thought it was a wonderful cruise on a fantastic ship. We had the best Cabin Attendant ever -- Shawn, and loved cabin 8004.

What kind of weather did you encounter going over the Tasman? Through the Sounds??

Sharon, the Tasman was a bit rocky. But it was the area right outside the Sounds that was really rough. We've been in rough seas before...but this was different. They were churning seas. The Sounds themselves, were like glass, and oh so beautiful. That was a wonderful day.

Karyn

I definitely agree with Karen...we had wonderful cruises with exceptional service and the best waiter - Keith, asst waiter- mardika and asst Maitre D' - Dixon, ever. Despite a spell of rainy weather (during rainy season so no surprises), we loved this trip and recommend it to everyone. For details (that will soon be updated with more pictures) see my travel blog in signature below!

Welcome back Karyn, Sheila, Joanie, everyone who was on that

exotic itinerary:)

Glad everyone had such a wonderful time on my favorite ship too;)

I was on Galaxy and also had a fantastic cruise:D

I definitely agree with Karen...we had wonderful cruises with exceptional service and the best waiter - Keith, asst waiter- mardika and asst Maitre D' - Dixon, ever. Despite a spell of rainy weather (during rainy season so no surprises), we loved this trip and recommend it to everyone. For details (that will soon be updated with more pictures) see my travel blog in signature below!

Hi Sheila,

Sat down last night and read every word of your travel blog - it was fantastic. Thanks for bringing all the wonderful memories back!!

So enjoyed meeting you and Art and some of the rest of the MANIACS at the Marriott last month. We checked in the next day, and did take the $50 opera house view upgrade ... mainly not for the view, but to be able to check in and have a room before 3 PM (at 9 AM there were already 20 ahead of us waiting for available regular rooms, and I don't imagine that my Priceline reservation had any priority:D! ) A week later we also very much enjoyed the other Sydney Marriott - again a Priceline bargain - since all rooms had large corner bathtub AND a kitchenette. On the downside, though, the internet prices were even more expensive at the College St. Marriott than at the Pitt St. Sydney Harbour one.

Welcome back Karyn, Sheila, Joanie, everyone who was on that

exotic itinerary:)

Glad everyone had such a wonderful time on my favorite ship too;)

I was on Galaxy and also had a fantastic cruise:D

Welcome back to you, Lois. Glad you also had a great time. AND happy belated birthday!!

Welcome back to you, Lois. Glad you also had a great time. AND happy belated birthday!!

Hi Sharon,:) thanks...its not belated;) ....its today.

• 2 weeks later...
Sharon, did you take any photo's of your cabin as we have just booked 8007 same as cabin 8004 for next year cruise Vancouver to San Diego.

Thanks Christine

Hi Christine,

If you send me a mail to hugosharon at aol dot com , I'd be glad to send you a couple.

Karynanne, glad you had a great time. We did the Jan. 20 Syd-Auk cruise. It was really great, but we were amazed that the rocky seas happened as we left Sydney and most of the first sea day. The Tasman was totally calm. Go figure! LOL

Karynanne, glad you had a great time. We did the Jan. 20 Syd-Auk cruise. It was really great, but we were amazed that the rocky seas happened as we left Sydney and most of the first sea day. The Tasman was totally calm. Go figure! LOL

I remember reading your comment. We had very calm seas outside of Sydney, but the Tasman was a bit rough.

Good to hear that your cruise was great...we just loved our's!! Couldn't have been better.

Karyn

Archived