All Things Freedom of the Seas!

We were wondering if the Freedom of the Seas is requiring passengers to wear / take their life vests to the muster drills or not. If you've recently sailed on her, what was your experience?

Thanks.

I was on the FOS back in March 2009, and yes we did have to wear our vests to the muster drill.

We were wondering if the Freedom of the Seas is requiring passengers to wear / take their life vests to the muster drills or not. If you've recently sailed on her, what was your experience?

Thanks.

No, you dont have to wear or take your life vest to the muster drill.

Is there a fee to use the Solarium?

I read somewhere that it is necessary to bring copies of prescriptions from the doctor for any meds you bring. True?

Thanks!

Rita

The Solarium is free. I don't know if you need a copy of your prescription, but depending on the meds you are bringing it might be a good idea (it all depends on how much explaining you want to do in customs).

Is there a fee to use the Solarium?

I read somewhere that it is necessary to bring copies of prescriptions from the doctor for any meds you bring. True?

Thanks!

Rita

Rita,

There is no fee to use the solarium pool. I've never brought prescriptions along from my Dr. As a matter of fact, most meds I just put the required number for the trip into those little plastic pouches and label the type of medication. If I need to take something narcotic like percocet, I carry it in the prescription bottle. I've never had a problem.

Enjoy your first cruise!!

Cheryl

Just off the Freedom yesterday. I can answer some questions for everyone.

1. Current Cruise Director is Richard Spacey. VERY funny man!!

2. Life Jackets are NOT required for the Muster Drill.

3. Ice Show tickets are being given for everyone except Diamond, Diamond Plus, and I believe suite guests. Your Concierge/Diamond Lounge access card is all you need.

4. Formal nights are the first Sea Day and Grand Cayman night.

5. According to the personell at Chops there are no age restrictions on Chops reservations now. Children are allowed at anytime and are now charged the full $25 fee. This upset me as I was not told of the change in fee and paid $25 each for my kids to have the mud pie and some french fries.

We sailed on Freedom of the Seas last week (Eastern itinerary). Missed Cococay but did stop in St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Richard Spacey was still cruise-directing until he leaves for Oasis. Hysterical - my boys loved him so much.

I haven't done a trip report but thought I'd share pictures:

Freedom of the Seas:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nzmommy/Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas/

We were in Cabin 9526 - a D1 category, port side forward.

And as long as I'm posting, here's the link to our St. Maarten and St. Thomas days:

St. Maarten day: http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nzmommy/St%20Maarten/

St. Thomas day:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nzmommy/St%20Thomas/

3. Ice Show tickets are being given for everyone except Diamond, Diamond Plus, and I believe suite guests. Your Concierge/Diamond Lounge access card is all you need.

The next cruise, tickets were used by Diamond and D plus levels as we got ours in the Diamond Lounge. Things are rigidly flexible as usual ;)

• 1 month later...
We sailed on Freedom of the Seas last week (Eastern itinerary). Missed Cococay but did stop in St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Richard Spacey was still cruise-directing until he leaves for Oasis. Hysterical - my boys loved him so much.

I haven't done a trip report but thought I'd share pictures:

Freedom of the Seas:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nzmommy/Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas/

We were in Cabin 9526 - a D1 category, port side forward.

And as long as I'm posting, here's the link to our St. Maarten and St. Thomas days:

St. Maarten day: http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nzmommy/St%20Maarten/

St. Thomas day:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nzmommy/St%20Thomas/

do you remember if you pulled straight into the docks or if you backed in. Just wondering what my view is going to be from aft. Oh, were formal nights on Monday (cococay) and Friday (sea day)?

Has anyone stayed in PR 6307? How was it? Thanks

Edited by medfordgirl

I think Formals are Coco and day 5 St.Maartan, I just cancelled an Aft and I was under the understanding you mostly back in at Ports.

Ok, now I am totally confused because I originally thought that it was the 2nd and 5th nites (which is what I told my mom) and then someone wrote that it was the 2nd and 6th. Now its back to 5th. :confused: Well, I have portofinos booked for Wednesday but we were thinking we may go to chops also but I think I will have to wait til we get on board to book it since I don't want to book it on formal nite. Or maybe we will just forget it all together and just eat in the MDR the rest of the week:o If their food is as good as what we had on Liberty back in March, I don't mind at all.

Oh, I was wondering, Wednesday they have the coconut creme brulee, which I am really looking forward to but we will not be there, do you think I could as our waiter on tuesday to save me one for thursday? Or should I just pick one up at the early sitting and save it for a late nite snack;)

Ok, now I am totally confused because I originally thought that it was the 2nd and 5th nites (which is what I told my mom) and then someone wrote that it was the 2nd and 6th. Now its back to 5th. :confused: Well, I have portofinos booked for Wednesday but we were thinking we may go to chops also but I think I will have to wait til we get on board to book it since I don't want to book it on formal nite. Or maybe we will just forget it all together and just eat in the MDR the rest of the week:o If their food is as good as what we had on Liberty back in March, I don't mind at all.

Oh, I was wondering, Wednesday they have the coconut creme brulee, which I am really looking forward to but we will not be there, do you think I could as our waiter on tuesday to save me one for thursday? Or should I just pick one up at the early sitting and save it for a late nite snack;)

Well I'm now really confused as well as we received a recent compass that showed formal nites 2nd and 6th rather than the 5th night so we changed our Portofinos reservation. I'm wondering if we need to change it back. Hope you can verify the 2nd formal nite once you return from your cruise!