All Things Freedom of the Seas!

We are in a similar situation. We are looking to sail in June, booked a 12pm flight out of MCO. We will have a rental car parked at the port. I figure 45 minutes to an hour to the airport and we like to arrive two hours prior to our flights. Is it possible to be off the ship by 9:00 am?

If you self-disembark and customs is moving along, you should be off well before 9:00. Have a great cruise.

Anne:)

Ok stupid question- are you leaving a rentl car there that you had precruise or do you mean that you have a rental car reserved to pick up after the cruise?

It will be a rental car parked at the terminal lot that we parked there precruise.

Want that rental car cost alot if you are leaving at the port while you are not using it while you are on the cruise? I haven't rented many cars but that seems expensive.

We will be in West Palm Beach the week before the cruise. The cost to park at the terminal will be $105. We have a free room at the Four Points Cocoa Beach the night before on Starwood points. The rental will cost about $100 more to keep is the extra week. With the hassle of trading it in, getting transportation, getting another after disembarking, we figured it was easiest just to pay the extra costs to keep it the whole time and park it. Staying at the Country Inn & Suites was about $150 for a night and parking the car there, so it made the decision easier. An extra $50 in the grand scheme of things with all the bucks we will be dropping for FOS is nothing.

Edited by dioxide45

Hi all...this board is fabulous and thank you all for such great information.

My family just booked the western FOS for July 25 and I know very little about the FOS which is why I'm reading every post on this thread! We booked 5 E1 balcony rooms in a row on deck 8. I saw the pictures a couple of pages back of JS balconies that look like you can open sliding doors so that balconies connect. Does anyone know if we'll be able to open doors so that our balconies connect?

Thanks again

Fox91Mon & welcome to Cruise Critic. I believe all of the port & starboard balconies have partitions that open so you all should be good to go. The only balconies that do not have opening partitions are the aft cabins. However if it is a going to be a very windy cruise, they might not open them or may close them during the cruise so they don't get banged around.

Enjoy your cruise!

I believe 8X10s were selling for $19.95. There was a "special" - buy 6, get 1 free; buy 8, get 2 free; buy 10, get 3 free; and buy 12, get 4 free.

Since you can get a copyright release, this really isn't a bad deal. I know others will disagree, but professional photographers that I use charge MUCH more per 8X10. I recently paid $59.95 for ONE 8X10. I'm not kidding (although I may be stupid! lol).

If I may ask this ques. again. . . want to catch the noon flight out of Orlando to NY . . . do I have enough time? Can I carry my own luggage off of ship? Is there car service available at the pier or do I need to pre-arrange transportation?

I think you are cutting it awfully close. If there is any problem with debarkation, you might not make it. Sometimes you can get off as early as 7:30 in the morning if you are carrying your own luggage.

You need to pre arrange transportation, especially if you are catching a flight that early in the day.

Just IMHO.

Cheryl

fourkittys Quote:

Originally Posted by H8mundays

Think we want to stay close to the port. We will be driving and it takes about 10-12 hours so will be getting in later in the evening the night before the cruise. Anyone stay at the country inn and suites? It is close to the pier and I was wondering if you can see the ships from there.

We have reservations at the Country Inn and Suites for Nov. Got them on Priceline for $60 . They have a breakfast with bacon and scrambled eggs plus the other continental style foods normally served in other hotels. I think they have paking for $5 a night or a shuttle to the pier for $4@.

Is the breakfast free?

Hi all...this board is fabulous and thank you all for such great information.

My family just booked the western FOS for July 25 and I know very little about the FOS which is why I'm reading every post on this thread! We booked 5 E1 balcony rooms in a row on deck 8. I saw the pictures a couple of pages back of JS balconies that look like you can open sliding doors so that balconies connect. Does anyone know if we'll be able to open doors so that our balconies connect?

Thanks again

They stopped unlocking balcony partitions for safety reasons, or so we were told when we had adjoining rooms on Navigator last Sept. Sorry.

Hi my husband and I will be taking our first cruise on 2/14/10 on the freedom of the seas eastern caribbean cruise. I have read alot of posts about cruise compass' where do i find one? i just want to know what will be going on on the ship so we can get even more excited than we already are (we are almost all packed and can not wait) can anyone help me? :p

katiekates123@aol.com

We used the RCCL cruise transportation and made arrangements with our TA for the transfers. You can also arrange on board the ship. There is also rental car places close to the pier.

Cheryl

Thanks for the information!

what transporation has anyone taken that is reliable from Orlando Airport to the Pier. Since I have a Noon flight back to NY, and travelling with a large group, we will also need return transportation. thxs

We have used FL Tours for our last 4 trips (and they included trips from MCO to the Pier and back). They were always on time (early and waiting every time), and very reliable. We will use them again in July for our cruise.

My very first cruise we used transfers from the cruise line, and pulling out of the pier, the bus hit a car! Needless to say, it slowed the process considerably, and I was over-stressed trying to make an early flight. Crazy things can and do happen. That said, I have made flights before noon on two occassion, and could have made them on the other two occassions. You should be fine.

I just got back Sunday from Freedom and had a great time. I wish the weather was a bit better but grateful that I am home safe. We docked in Haiti on Tuesday morning, but due to rain we did not stay. So relieved when I was watching CNN later in the day while getting ready for dinner and found out that there was an earthquake.

I did Dunns River Falls in Jamaica. You don't have to walk the falls if you don't want to. I did with some other family members but did not make it the whole way. In some parts the water was flowing pretty strong and I was nervous I was going to fall. I bought water shoes at the store across from Ron Johns in Cape Canaveral for $10. They sell them on the shipfor $20. I also didn't feel good, came down with a cold and ear infection while I was sailing.

Formal nights on the Western were Monday and Thursday.

We were to the airport by 10:30ish and we were set to get off the ship between 8:45 and 9:15. Our flight wasn't until 4:40. So it's possible to get to the airport in time but I wouldn't try it. We did have trouble with our pre-booked transportation but we did all make it there.

Has anyone done the zip line and/or coaster at Labadee? Any comments? How does the zip line compare to the zip line canopy tour in Jamaica?

Also- any comments on the Dunns River Falls excursions would be appreciated!

3lzc-IMG_3089.jpg

3lzd-IMG_2103.jpg

3lzf-IMG_2150.jpg

3lzg-IMG_2152.jpg

3lzh-IMG_2147.jpg

3lzi-IMG_3097.jpg

Spunky, do you know how far out you can make reservations for excursions and specialy restaurants?

I just got back Sunday from Freedom and had a great time. I wish the weather was a bit better but grateful that I am home safe. We docked in Haiti on Tuesday morning, but due to rain we did not stay. So relieved when I was watching CNN later in the day while getting ready for dinner and found out that there was an earthquake.

I did Dunns River Falls in Jamaica. You don't have to walk the falls if you don't want to. I did with some other family members but did not make it the whole way. In some parts the water was flowing pretty strong and I was nervous I was going to fall. I bought water shoes at the store across from Ron Johns in Cape Canaveral for $10. They sell them on the shipfor $20. I also didn't feel good, came down with a cold and ear infection while I was sailing.

Formal nights on the Western were Monday and Thursday.

We were to the airport by 10:30ish and we were set to get off the ship between 8:45 and 9:15. Our flight wasn't until 4:40. So it's possible to get to the airport in time but I wouldn't try it. We did have trouble with our pre-booked transportation but we did all make it there.

Zip Line

Having a fear of heights, as well as a then 13 year old daughter begging me to do the zip line, I pondered and eventually gave in.

What helped me was watching You tube videos of people who recorded their journey down the Labadee zip line.

I watched them over and over again and when our time came and I did the practice run, it wasn't that bad. Then when we got on top yea a little rush of fear came over me, but the tree line is right under where you get harnassed on. I said I can do this. And I did and had the time of my life.

Yea it is pricy, but you don't do it everyday.

Would I do it again, yes!!

This July we will do it in Jamaica, the canopy tour.

Go to YOU TUBE

Punch in Labadee Haiti Zip Line, and watch.

Safe travels.