stocks took a beating today

cruise kitty

I firmly believe that the situation is temporary and that the market will rebound in the months to come (if not by year-end, then by inaugural January '09); therefore, I intend to just hold on to shares. In fact, I see this as a wonderful opportunity to purchase stock I ordinarily would not be able to acquire.

I'm reminded of that scene of "Black Tuesday" in the movie It's A Wonderful Life -- remember the character who was offering to cover folks by paying them fifty cents on the dollar?:eek:

If your financial future is dependent on day to day fluctuations of the stock market, you need to get out (or at least change to something less volatile like mutuals). If you sold yesterday you missed out on todays rally. Investing in individual stocks is not for the faint of heart or wallet.

With the stock market up today (currently almost 300) are you going to re-book this afternoon? I agree with others. If you're not in it for the long haul, you'd be better off not being in it at all and playing the horses for your day to day ups and downs.

With the stock market up today (currently almost 300) are you going to re-book this afternoon? I agree with others. If you're not in it for the long haul, you'd be better off not being in it at all and playing the horses for your day to day ups and downs.

Now up over 300; he might have to book a suite! :cool:

Hey, lighten up on the op.

We're all a little freaked out by the current situation, and maybe this is a person's reaction to feel a little more secure about the future...fewer financial commitments. Me, I put off buying a new car- the old wagon will do...:rolleyes: Cancel my next trip? Not me!:D

There's also the possibility someone works for/has lots of stock in Bear Stearns, in which case, a post like this would be absolutely accurate.:eek:

And then there's that need people have to feel connected to world events. When we have a bad earthquake here, friends in the East will yammer on about how scared they are every time a truck rumbles by, shaking the house! It's why folks all have those "where were you when" stories about JFK, John Lennon, or 911. They want to/need to feel connected. That, or my friends are drama queens...:p

Andrew

I bought 100 shares ..emailed the transaction to investor relations and already have confirmation for $500 of obc for my next few cruises (total)

Cool, that is a nice chunk of change. :)

Archived