Hawaiian Air

rollingstone

Can someone answer my questions? How strict is HA regarding the weight of your carry ons? Do they really weigh your carry on bags? How about your purse? If my bag meets the size requirements but weighs 30 lbs, will I have to take something out? I have never heard of a weight restriction on carry ons for other airlines.

HELLLP!

Thanks for the responses. We are flying Hawaiian to Sydney & I have been told that they weigh carryons. I have never been on ANY airline that did this & was thinking that it couldn't be right. I was actually kidding about the 30lb carryon but you never know. I could find some good buys at the airport!!!!

They never weighed my carry on, but they STRICTLY enforce the 50# for checked baggage, they will give you the option to move weight around to different bags. But your carry on will be fine.....

We've always been r-e-a-l-l-y close to the limit, but always good. My Mother was flying and we knew she was over the limit by like 10 or so pounds. I believe the fee for overage was $50. I gave the skycap $20 to take care of her. I'd rather the hard workers get the money, than the airlines.

She was never over again.

Archived