Captains Circle and kids

e050377

My kids started cruising on Princess when they were 5 and 8. They now have 3 cruises under their belt and they did indeed earn "points". They are looking forward to getting Elite status on their 6th cruise.

Tina

Will my kids be able to start earning captain circle credits when they travel with us? We are thinking of bringing them on a couple of our upcoming cruises and was just curious!

Thanks.

From what I have read, they do count their cruises as children. BUT........they will not be able to advance to their status in the captain's circle until they reach their 18th birthday. Then, all of the cruises they have taken as children will count towards their status. I would keep documentation for them, just to be safe, in case they ever have to prove how many cruises they have taken with Princess. Cruise cards with their name on them are a perfect way to prove it.

As for kids hitting cruise #6 and possibly getting the free internet minutes, that one I am not sure about. As said, I think their benefits don't actually kick in until they reach their 18th birthday. Someone please correct me if I am wrong here. ;)

From what I have read, they do count their cruises as children. BUT........they will not be able to advance to their status in the captain's circle until they reach their 18th birthday. Then, all of the cruises they have taken as children will count towards their status. I would keep documentation for them, just to be safe, in case they ever have to prove how many cruises they have taken with Princess. Cruise cards with their name on them are a perfect way to prove it.

As for kids hitting cruise #6 and possibly getting the free internet minutes, that one I am not sure about. As said, I think their benefits don't actually kick in until they reach their 18th birthday. Someone please correct me if I am wrong here. ;)

Exactly. ;)

I agree. My 2 older daughters are both over 18, and had platinum status upon reaching age 18 (no repeat cruiser benefits until they reached 18). My youngest is only 7, but is already approaching enough cruises to be elite status.

I agree. My 2 older daughters are both over 18, and had platinum status upon reaching age 18 (no repeat cruiser benefits until they reached 18). My youngest is only 7, but is already approaching enough cruises to be elite status.

Thanks for that, I was pretty sure I understood the process correctly. So, those children looking forward to their platinum status are going to have a very long wait until their 18th birthdays, unfortunately. I am sure this isn't going to put a smile on their little faces. :(

Archived