Just got back from my Honeymoon in the meditteranean

NYCHICK

and absolutely LOVED IT. My husband and I have vowed to only cruise from now on. We saw so freaking much it would have taken us five trips to Europe to see it all. Granted it was outrageously expensive because it was 12 days, we'd do it again. So my question is I need recommendations for a good 7 night cruise. We are open to anywhere but the caribbean. where would you recommend? For people that have cruised more than celebrity feel free to throw in recommendations for other cruiselines as well. i am busy planning our next vacation already..lol. I think you truly get the best bang for your buck cruising. I loved my celebrity millenium experience.

SORRY TO SAY...The Caribbean is still the best deal...more bargains there than anywhere...The ships are the destination...sometimes we don't even get off for the islands...oh well.

That being said...you can get some great deals on repositioning cruises just about anywhere in the world, Alaska (too cold for me), Hawaii/trans Pacific and California to Mexico.

I hope you have as much fun sailing with your husband as I have had with my wife these many years. (33 years of cruising and crossings as of this October.)

ROSS

NYChick - Great to hear you enjoyed your Med cruise and have become a cruise-a-holic! For a good 7-day cruise experience try an Inside Passage cruise to Alaska. You can go round-trip from either Vancouver or Seattle. Vancouver is beautiful if you stay for an extra day or two, but Seattle is generally cheaper to fly into. Several different cruise lines go roundtrip from both cities, including Celebrity. The cruises are less expensive at the beginning and end of the season (May and September, respectively) but the weather is better in June, July and August. Like your Med cruise, an Alaska cruise gives you a chance to learn some history and view some natural splendor with the comfort and convenience of a cruise vacation.You said anything but the Caribbean, so I assume you don't want the party atmosphere of other warm-weather 7-day cruises, such as the Mexican Riviera.

Welcome to the world of cruising!

and absolutely LOVED IT. My husband and I have vowed to only cruise from now on. We saw so freaking much it would have taken us five trips to Europe to see it all. Granted it was outrageously expensive because it was 12 days, we'd do it again. So my question is I need recommendations for a good 7 night cruise. We are open to anywhere but the caribbean. where would you recommend? For people that have cruised more than celebrity feel free to throw in recommendations for other cruiselines as well. i am busy planning our next vacation already..lol. I think you truly get the best bang for your buck cruising. I loved my celebrity millenium experience.

We are going on 7 days Pacific Coastal... SFO - Monterrey - LA - Catalina Island - Ensenada - Sandiego - SFO (not in order).

I don't know where you live but IMHO it's a good way to see California while sailing classy Mercury. :)

I'll definitely second the suggestion of an Alaska Inside passage cruise. We flew into Seattle the day before, had dinner in the Space Needle, took a bus to Vancouver the next morning and boarded RCI's Rhapsody of the Seas for a very wonderful cruise up to Skagway and return with other stops in Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan and a trip up Misty Fjord. I've talked to others that went on cruises that covered those stops as well as Glacier Bay and Ankorage, flying back from there.

Congratulations on your marriage! Add another one for Alaska Inside Passage. Sailed the Infinity in June of this year. Absolutely LOVED Infinity and Alaska. IMHO Alaska is a must see. I'd like to do it again next summer, but DS does not want to go where it's cold (and we are celebrating his HS graduation, so it's his choice.

NYCHICK,

My wife and I did the same cruise last summer. Nothing like cruising into (or out of) Venice. We have cruise numbers 17, 18, 19 and 20 coming up in the next 10 months. It's hard to make a mistake when it comes to cruising. Go for it!

(PS--we think Celebrity is the best:rolleyes: )

Hey brucemcdou,

Would that be Bruce McDougall?? Where are you from originally?

Enjoy!

Kel (Kelly McDougall)

Closer to home, you could do the New England/Canada cruise. Gives you a variety of ports and you can do history and hiking and just plain sightseeing and....... Even if you've seen those on land trips, this might be a nice variation of perspective.

S

NYChick - I also second the Canada/NE vote. Like Alaska, it's a way to see a variety of spots that have tremendous natural beauty with the convenience of a cruise. We're going on Constellation to Canada/NE this fall for 13 nights, but there are several cruiselines that have shorter trips, including five-night cruises on RCI. Princess (and Carnival?) both have 7-day cruises to Canada. Like Kelmac, we're big Celebrity fans.

Hi, Kel - yes, it's Bruce McDougal. My father's family is from Michigan and Indiana, and I grew up in Indianapolis. Looks like you're in ABQ now, although I don't think there are a lot of Scots in NM!:rolleyes: Where is your family from?

Hey Bruce,

We did the Constellation to the Baltic a couple of summers ago. Great ship! Before the cruise, we spent two weeks traveling around England, Ireland and Scotland. If you ever get a chance, head up to Oban, Scotland--that's the home of the McDougalls. My fathers side of the family is from the Kansas City, Kansas area--my father grew up in Albuquerque.

Enjoy!

Kel

Thanks for responding:D Tatka I live in NYC,k and the reason I hate the idea of cruising the Caribbean is because I was born in the Caribbean and already seen alot of them(when you are born there it truly has no "zing"). So the Alaskan inside passage and canada New England, check. Will definitely look into it. I am always open to more suggestions...keep em coming:D

Archived