Coke Zero on ship?

My DH & I are cruising to the Eastern Caribbean on the Grandeur in July 2008. My DH is diabetic, and he hates diet Coke. However, he likes Coke Zero. Does anyone know if they serve Coke Zero on the ship when you buy the soda package?

Thanks for any help!:o

My DH & I are cruising to the Eastern Caribbean on the Grandeur in July 2008. My DH is diabetic, and he hates diet Coke. However, he likes Coke Zero. Does anyone know if they serve Coke Zero on the ship when you buy the soda package?

No coke zero on the ships......yet. Or at least not that I am aware of?

Tell your DH to try Diet COKE with SPLENDA.

It is in your stores. (Look for the yellow SPLENDA label

on the 12 pack) It tastes exactly like regular COKE.

I am diabetic too, and, my DR. recommended SPLENDA Diet

COKES.

That Aspertame in regular Diet COKES will kill ya, eventually.

We have taken our own COKES with SPLENDA aboard with us,

and, no one bothered us about it..even in Ports of Call,

we pick it up and, took it back with us....

I do wish the ship would carry SPLENDA Diet COKES, however. :rolleyes:

I had to bring my own Coke Zero on our last cruise. I never drank diet soda because, to me, it always had an aftertaste. I tried Coke Zero and loved it. I don't drink coffee and this how I get my caffiene fix. I brought it on in my carry on bag and no one said anything.

once you hit the Caribbean. New things arrive on island time ya know! Here we can get Coke Zero on an occasional basis- not all the time- so I suggest that if it is important, lug it aboard.

Happy sailing.

No Coke Zero. You will have to bring your own, get over it and just go with the Diet Coke, or drink tea or water. You can add a packet of Splenda to Diet Coke to make it taste more like Coke Zero.

No Coke Zero. You will have to bring your own, get over it and just go with the Diet Coke, or drink tea or water. You can add a packet of Splenda to Diet Coke to make it taste more like Coke Zero.

Why "get over it"? If it is important the op should just bring some along with them. I also think the coke zero is much better. Splenda has an after taste to me and I like equal better.

Coke - Sweetner: Sugar (and/or worse, HFCS)

Diet Coke - Sweetner: Aspartame (aka Equal)

Coke Zero - Sweetners: 1/2 as much Aspartame + Acesulfume Potasium (aka Ace-K)

Diet Coke w/Splenda- Sweetners: Sucralose (aka Splenda) + Ace-K

Some people have a metabolic reaction (not just a psychologic reaction) to Aspartame. There are suggestions it causes direct insulin release in response to it which then lead to blood sugar swings...and hunger cravings. Sucralose does not seem to do this. Sucralose is very frequently combined with Ace-K in beverages.

In addition there is a taste issue which varys from person to person. Some people just don't like the taste of Aspartame.

I would also be super surprised to see Coke Zero (or pretty much any out-of-the-ordinary flavors) offered onboard.

HOWEVER... I was on a cruise last summer, and saw one of the crew members carting a bunch of soda (I think it was Diet Dr. Pepper, or something like that -- it was definitely not something they ordinarily offered) into a specific cabin.

I joked with the worker that "someone must be really thirsty," and he told me that these particular guests preferred this type of drink, and they supplied it for them.

This was on a Norwegian ship, granted, and maybe these were "high roller" types of guests or something... but they definitely got this specific soda for these people.

I don't know if RCCL would accommodate such a thing, but it wouldn't hurt to ask prior to the trip. Explaining the situation with Epilepsy may just prompt them to help you out -- you never know.

Why "get over it"? If it is important the op should just bring some along with them. I also think the coke zero is much better. Splenda has an after taste to me and I like equal better.

Maybe because happiness in life (or on a cruise) should not be based on a soda? I'm just thinking that you could get by with water, or tea, or what'e offered... that's alll...I don't think you really need to make a huge deal about soda.

Archived