May 09 Repositioning on Legend of the Seas

Hi, my wife and I are considering booking the repositioning cruise on Legend of the Seas from Singapore to Dubai next May.

We had a number of questions and would be grateful for any input:

(1) We've been on Explorer Class ships a few times, would we be likely to find Legend small?

(2) Has anyone done this/ a similar cruise. What are the stops like? Are the seas particularly rough?

(3) Whats the likely age/ nationality composition on a cruise like this?

Any help gratefully received!

1) Our first cruise was on Legend and we were quite happy to be on her for 2 weeks. Plenty to do and nice staff (this was 5 years ago).

2) Did the repo on Sapphire Princess last year Sydney to LA. Only main difference is the length of time on the cruise (this was 29 days). How long is yours?(as the actress said to the bishop!!).

3) Pretty much the same as any other cruise. If its a longer than usual cruise, you will tend to get more retirees (as they don't have to get the time off work), but not much different.

Simon

Hi, my wife and I are considering booking the repositioning cruise on Legend of the Seas from Singapore to Dubai next May.

We had a number of questions and would be grateful for any input:

(1) We've been on Explorer Class ships a few times, would we be likely to find Legend small?

(2) Has anyone done this/ a similar cruise. What are the stops like? Are the seas particularly rough?

(3) Whats the likely age/ nationality composition on a cruise like this?

1) this is highly subjective. If you thought the best parts of Voyager class were the ice rink, the promenade, and the ben&jerrys, you might find Legend lacking, but at 70,000 tons she isn't SMALL. I am booked on this sailing (have been for ages) and this will be my third trip on Legend. While Radiance is probably my favorite, I'm quite fond of Legend as well. Vision and all of her sisters are built with a lot of glass, so they don't feel small or closed-in. In addition, her crew is top-notch. One advantage of the slightly smaller ships is you tend to get to know the staff and crew a bit better, and I think it shows in the service.

2) This particular run is new so you'll have to settle for opinions of "similar" sailings. There was originally a reverse of this sailing the previous November, but it was cancelled and sold as a charter instead. I'm personally really looking forward to this sailing as it makes a lot of interesting stops at places I might otherwise have a hard time getting to.

3) Again, hard to say for sure but I echo what previous posters have said in that the longer the cruise, the more the age tends to skew older - when we sailed in the med on Legend last year it wasn't exactly a seniors convention, but there was definitely a leaning towards the greyer end of the spectrum. I was 36 when I booked this sailing, but I'll be 38 (almost 39, gak!) by the time it sails :)

We've already got an active roll call, so be sure to stop on by if you book!

I would imagine it will be a very large contingency of adults of all ages. Any small children will be with families from Asia and within flying distance of Singapore. Since this is a higher priced cruise, I doubt there will be very many children at all.

Archived