Need help: what Caribbean cruise to chose

ilya12000

Hello,

We are trying to chose one of 2 cruises. They are almost the same price, and both are in Southern-Eastern Caribbean, from San Juan.

1. Serenade of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), 7 days, destinations: St.Thomas, St.John, St. Maarten, St.Lucia, Barbados

2. Galaxy (Celebrity), 10 days, destinations: Tortola, St.Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Curacao, Aruba.

We are family with tenager daughther (13). We are more "viewers", than "beachers".

We have cruised several times, but only with NCL and we don't know these destinations and cruise lines.

Could somebody give their thoughts and opinions (I understand, that they are subjective)?

Thanks in advance,

Ilya

We have cruised to almost all of the islands in The Caribbean. However, we have not used the Celebrity Cruise Line. That doesn't mean we would never try them. We just left Tortola in January with NCL. We too are viewers! If I was going to make the choice I would choose the Celebrity itenerary. You will not regret going to any of these islands. Tortola and St. Lucia are a must see. Tortola is one of my favorite Caribbean islands. It's views are tremendous. Might I also suggest using the local tour guides and their excursions instead of the cruise line excursions. You will find you will have much better pricing and much better service of individuality. Might I also suggest Joel Frett (Captain Boss) with email boss373@hotmail.com cell: 284-496-7722 in Tortola who is C & B Enterprises, LTD. He will give you an excellent excursion for the price.

travelforever

Both itineraries look to be very nice. And those are both nice good cruise lines. St. Lucia was one of our favorite islands for sightseeing. I'd go with the 10 day cruise only because it is three days longer!

Only other consideration might be that Celebrity might be a bit more adult and formal than the other lines. You could ask on those boards to get a feel for the experiences on RCL vs. Celebrity.

Pete

Hello,

We are trying to chose one of 2 cruises. They are almost the same price, and both are in Southern-Eastern Caribbean, from San Juan.

1. Serenade of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), 7 days, destinations: St.Thomas, St.John, St. Maarten, St.Lucia, Barbados

2. Galaxy (Celebrity), 10 days, destinations: Tortola, St.Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Curacao, Aruba.

We are family with tenager daughther (13). We are more "viewers", than "beachers".

We have cruised several times, but only with NCL and we don't know these destinations and cruise lines.

I would choose the 10-day cruise. If you are not "beachers" you'll have more sights to see on Grenada, Curacao, St. Lucia, Barbados, and Tortola.

I haven't cruised with RCI or Celebrity so I can't comment on the ships.

• 2 weeks later...

10 days would be our choice. 2 more ports and one more sea day. Plus you'll be trading St. Thomas, St. John (which are more common stops for eastern routes) for Grenada, Curacao and Aruba that are less frequently reached by ships leaving from Florida.

Charlie

Archived