May 22 / QM2 Cruise Docs

picruiser

Wondering when we'll be getting our pre docs for the cruise in May. Also, here's hoping that the negative reviews for the shorter Cunard cruises are exaggerated... as I'm looking for a relaxing, short getaway on a premier cruise line... Work dictates that I cannot be gone any longer at this point. :rolleyes:

I am also booked on this cruise....a family thing.....and I have not received anything from Cunard. I was hoping to book a few spa treatments in advance.

Can anyone shed light on why Cunard is slow in this area? Have cruised with Celebrity, RC, and NCL and alsways received documents shortly after final payment. Thanks.

On Cunard's website FAQs it states that tickets and travel documentation will be with you approximately two weeks prior to departure. Having said that, if you download the Voyage Guide (from the website) on pages 29 and 30 there is information on how to pre-book spa treatments. Here is the link to the guide: http://www.cunard.com/uploads/cunardvoyageguide.pdf

My husband and I will also be on this cruise.

Claudia

Hi we're also booked on this and got a call from our TA yesterday saying she was mailing the pre-cruise documents yesterday. Should be here today.

Look forward to seeing all of you.

Does anyone know how many formal nights there will be?

I just got a promotion e-mail from Cunard for this May 22 Memorial Day Getaway - I was thinking of going - I haven't been on the boards in a while - I last did the QE2 40th Ann. trip in September. Tried to get in the roll calls - would not open - need to see if one is started yet for this trip.

..Gardenbunny - see you found the roll-call.

I haven't got any of my docs yet (and I board in the UK on the 16th).

If you go to the Canyon Ranch website, they have a section covering the QM2. (Sorry can't find you the link.... it will take me forever at the moment...)

By the time you all get on, I'll be the one looking like they own the place!!!:p and if the Commodore Club bartenders know me by name, I'll start busking (or taking in laundry) to pay my bar bill!

• 1 month later...

ninipenn,

To facilitate paperwork, you should go online to Cunard's website, click on voyage personalizer, enter required information (immigration info, emergency contacts, etc.), I believe you should get documents 2 weeks prior to cruising. There is roll call for this sailing if you'd like to join in.

Nan

Saturday. They were sent from our TA.....

Here is another question for those who have cruised Cunard before. They list a time schedule for embarkation based on which deck you are on. Do they hold firm to this? We were planning on boarding early but our deck is scheduled to board as late at 2:30???

Here is another question for those who have cruised Cunard before. They list a time schedule for embarkation based on which deck you are on. Do they hold firm to this? We were planning on boarding early but our deck is scheduled to board as late at 2:30???

They do not hold firm to the embarkation schedule. They do not pay any attention to it at the dock. Have a wonderful cruise.

Beth

... but if there is a queue please be patient.... not everyone can get on at once.

As you will see I too have posted a thread re the late arrival of Docs here in the US.

Since the posters are talking about Pre-cruise docs , as I was, we should have received them by now, Cunard say these a re sent 75 days ahead, they contain an personal info form which is supposed to be sent back to Cunard BEFORE they will send out the tickets etc.

How do they expect people to get these forms back in time.? Yes I know we can do it on line (I have done this) but Cunard should realise that not every passenger has a computer of their own.

PRE- cruise docs arriving two weeks before the cruise is not the way to go.

As you will see I too have posted a thread re the late arrival of Docs here in the US.

Since the posters are talking about Pre-cruise docs , as I was, we should have received them by now, Cunard say these a re sent 75 days ahead, they contain an personal info form which is supposed to be sent back to Cunard BEFORE they will send out the tickets etc.

How do they expect people to get these forms back in time.? Yes I know we can do it on line (I have done this) but Cunard should realise that not every passenger has a computer of their own.

PRE- cruise docs arriving two weeks before the cruise is not the way to go.

You can use the voayage personalizer to fill out about 90% of the needed precruise info. After you have done that the Cunard res agent at 1-800-728-6273 can enter the rest of the info while you are on the phone. I did that last week when I still hadn't resceived the documents for my June 10th QV cruise.

My wife and I are on this cruise. We received our cruise docs last week. You should get yours soon. This is our first Cunard cruise. We are really looking forward to it.

Is there still availability for this cruise - Thinking of going.

What are the rates for this cruise.

Thanks

David

David;

As you have been on 72 cruises, you must know by now that these questions are best directed to travel agencies and/or the cruise line?

Hope this helps...

My wife and I are booked on the May 16 sailing from Southampton arriving in NY on May 22. We have received our pre-cruise and our cruise docs. This is our first time on QM2 but we've been on QE2 three times, including one crossing in December. I hate to admit it but I'm 98% packed already. I've only got to pack my tux and I'm done.Best wishes for a marvelous crossing to everyone aboard.

Archived