Lobster?

ricsue

Has Celebrity removed lobster from the menu. Someone told me today that a friend just got back from 7 night Caribbean and they were told by their waiter that lobster was taken off the menu.

Curious if anyone returning from cruises this week was told the same thing?

I can't remember if it was a press release or just rumor, but apparently RCCL was going to drop lobster from their menu.

It doesn't surprise me as they have become the new Disney on the seas with all of their unecessary crap on board...whats next McDonalds with room service?

We just returned from a short Celebrity cruise and lobster WAS served on the last night.

Dave:eek:

We were on Constellation in January and lobster was served. It was delicious!

DSC00989.JPG

Perhaps your friend was confusing Celebrity with Royal Caribbean?

It's a friend of a friend, and they said they were on Millenium....I am just off Voyager and there was lobster, Feb 18 cruise.

It's a friend of a friend, and they said they were on Millenium....I am just off Voyager and there was lobster, Feb 18 cruise.

Hi, we had the same lobster tail on Century and would you believe it was actually pretty good. I had heard the horror stories so ordered both the lobster and Prime Rib and skipped the other courses. I could not eat the overcooked Prime Rib but the lobster was pretty good.

I had one on Celebrity Galaxy earlier this month --- final Formal night. Okay, I had two. I happened to ask the waiter if I were still hungry (not knowing the size of the tail, which was actually pretty big) could I get a second. Without actually ordering a second tail, our waiter brought it to me as soon as I had finished the first. It was nice, especially since the second tail was a lot sweeter than the first.

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/southerncaribbean.html

I can't remember if it was a press release or just rumor, but apparently RCCL was going to drop lobster from their menu.

It doesn't surprise me as they have become the new Disney on the seas with all of their unecessary crap on board...whats next McDonalds with room service?

We just returned from a short Celebrity cruise and lobster WAS served on the last night.

Dave:eek:

Removing Lobster, if it does happen, will be a GREEN move for the shellfish of the planet. It would be a good idea...

On our last X cruise the waiter told us that lobster was going to be removed from both RCCL and X on all of their 7 day or less cruises. It would still be on the longer cruises however.

As to the statement that they served "frozen" lobster on a cruise....when do you think they EVER served fresh lobster on a cruise in the last 20 years??? It is all frozen as is all the fish and all the meat. There is no way any cruise line (major) could get enough fresh fish/meat/poultry to serve a shipload of passengers.

I do know that Cunard served fresh dungeness crab out of San Francisco on their RTW cruise, but it was a major undertaking to have the fresh crabs delivered to the ship on sailing day and not something that most cruiselines would undertake (the crab was to be served the night they sailed)

Removing Lobster, if it does happen, will be a GREEN move for the shellfish of the planet. It would be a good idea...

I do agree that if lobster is removed that it would be a GREEN move, but the motivation would be to enhance the GREEN of the bottom line.

Archived