Does Royal Caribbean have piano bars?

Had a great time at the piano bar on carnival Valor (in fact we closed it down every night). We want to try RCI next and were wondering if this is something that we might encounter on the Adventure of the Seas.

There is not the same piano bar experience as on Carnival. On RCCL, in one of the standard bars, there will be someone playing piano, taking requests, etc. In my experience, it does not match the closed-off room dedicated to the piano on the Valor.

It may depend on the piano player. When Matt Yee performs in the Schooner Bar, things can get quite boisterous. Other performers may be more low key, but it is usually a pleasurable experience.:)

It may depend on the piano player. When Matt Yee performs in the Schooner Bar, things can get quite boisterous. Other performers may be more low key, but it is usually a pleasurable experience.:)

That has been our experience. We're pretty dedicated RCCL travelers but we did a Carnival cruise this past fall on Ecstacy and had the BEST time in the piano bar every night. I really wish RCCL had that same type of set up, I enjoyed that way better then karaoke.

Never been on Carnival, but the atmosphere sounds like Dueling Pianos. Alas, RC has gotten rid of those.

All Schooner Bars are piano bars. Many of the piano players are chock full of personality and lead great singalongs. Not all, though.

Matt Yee is in a class by himself. :rolleyes:

For those who have never sailed carnival.... the piano bar is a circular bar in the center of which is a piano. People are able to sit all around the piano and the player will play songs or take requests of well known songs that a good deal of people would know the words to. For instance Jimmy Buffett songs are quite common so everyone would sing along, clap and have a great time. Group Karaoke in a sense.

The places to be on the AOS for a sing a long, are the Schooner Bar and the Duck and Dog pub on the Promenade, they normally have a good guitar player in the pub for a sing along and as other people have said a piano player in the Schooner Bar:D

They had a really entertaining 'dueling pianos' act going on in Boleros' when I was on the Sovereign. It was that game where they'll play it as long as you'll pay for it...then you get outbid for another song. As it was a 3 day cruise with lots of Floridians on board, the lounge was nearly equally divided between rowdy UF and FSU fans, trying to outbid each other to play their school's fight song.

They had a really entertaining 'dueling pianos' act going on in Boleros' when I was on the Sovereign. It was that game where they'll play it as long as you'll pay for it...then you get outbid for another song. As it was a 3 day cruise with lots of Floridians on board, the lounge was nearly equally divided between rowdy UF and FSU fans, trying to outbid each other to play their school's fight song.

As I said above, that is gone from the ships now.

We've experienced the piano bar at it's best on HAL too. It's actually one of the best things about HAL. I don't believe that RCI has quite the same concept going on. The most I can recall on the ships I've experienced are piano players who are really just performing.

We've experienced the piano bar at it's best on HAL too. It's actually one of the best things about HAL. I don't believe that RCI has quite the same concept going on. The most I can recall on the ships I've experienced are piano players who are really just performing.

Carnival has the BEST piano bars!! I have never seen anything like it on RCCL.

This guy is the best! http://www.ronpass.com/

It's the luck of the draw.

Some of them really get the crowd going and participating.

Some just play "background music".

We had a really good time last year in the Schooner Bar with the piano guy on the Granduer. Don't remember his name, but he was a lot of fun. We were there waiting for a show in the lounge that it on the other side (you actually walk through the Schooner to get there)... and we had such a good time, that we ended up there almost every night!

Schooner Bar's piano bar was a lot of fun on Adventure

That's great to hear because my two times on the Enchantment we closed the piano bar. Both players were great (James Barr & Patrice Doucet). I'm sailing on the AOS in August.

Barbara from Philly

I've sailed both RCCL & Carnival & I've enjoyed the piano bar on both. It all depends on the crowd. My last cruise on the Enchantment (beginning of March), the piano bar rocked every night especially when the spring breakers joined in. As I said in my previous post, we closed Schooner's every night.

Barbara from Philly

• 10 years later...
16 minutes ago, vered4 said:

Piano bar on Harmony of the Seas currently has a great performer!! We had Matt Ganim on Allure of the Seas who was unbelievably amazing!! Love the piano bars!

Holy Crap, vered4!  You resurrected an almost 11 year old thread!  :o