Meherio: where can I buy jam in Moorea instead of the Agricole stand?

I just read your thread with the packing list for FP.......thank you for that.......and also saw the thread about the jam at the Agricole stand that sells coconut pineapple, Tahitian orange, Tiare flower jelly, etc.

We are doing the motu picnic in Moorea so don't have time to do the Belvedere lookout that stops at the stand. Is there any where else close to the ship that would sell jam?

Or else does Le Marche in Tahiti sell it, or Bora Bora? Thanks very much:)

Ia orana,

First of all bummer! you will miss a great tasting experience at the stand on moorea.

The 2 supermarket (champion near the ferry docks or Are at the end of cooks bay) carry a decent selection.

Worst case scenario

the market in Papeete or better yet a quick trip to the Carefour supermarket would do the trick (take a cab and ask to be picked up later)

Enjoy Fp As I have just enjoyed my toasted crumpet with Moorea pineapple jam ( it pays to have some visiting family from FP for Easter !).

Getting ready inless than 20 days to pick up my own jam at the stand

Meherio

ia orana

Part of the "Mutt nations" tribe

I have lived in a few countries before splitting my time between California and FP + the occasional trip to visit the folks in France.

I Have lived for 4 years in the Uk hence the liking for some goodies

(especially at breakfast) + following a diet with items like these in the allowed points for the day. So best of all worlds.

meherio

Ia orana

Another way to get the best jam is to pass on the info to any of your shipmates who will take the 4x4 tour, maybe one will freel sorry for you and bring back a couple of jars.

The coconut, the tiare flower blossom jelly, the tahitian orange, the pineapple are to die for (the other ones are not too shabby either)

Make sure to wrap some bubble wrap paper to cushion your loot for the return trip.

Enjoy

meherio

Meherio, that is a great idea about getting some shipmates to buy the jam for me. I'll have to think of something I could do in return.

I also lived in the UK (Jersey) when I was a teenager and still say flannel instead of face cloth. I loved the bread there........my mother always thought the bread here was like fluff. My brothers and sister still live there so I can always get them to send stuff over if I need it. Love those "twiglets"!

I LOVE twiglets, I always get some sent on my birthday and at Xmas from my sisters and bring a stock back home with me when I visit!

totally off topic I know but no-one here has any idea what I'm talking about

Terry

I LOVE twiglets, I always get some sent on my birthday and at Xmas from my sisters and bring a stock back home with me when I visit!

totally off topic I know but no-one here has any idea what I'm talking about

Terry

I know what you mean, no-one here has heard of them. I am the only one in my family that likes them.........more for me!!! lol:D

Meherio:

Talked me into some jam for sure. We have a rental car reserved on Moorea and the first stop on our self tour is Belvedere- so will look for the Jam Stand!

If you are there on the 17th, would love to buy you a cocktail or two.

Thanks again for all of your great info on the islands.

Dennis

Yes, me too, definately will go looking for the jam:p We have a full day with Carl our driver/guide, he says Moorea is his favourite place so I am sure he will know where to find the jam:)

Carl is meeting us at the Kaveka Hotel about 9am on the 15th June, so if you are around Meherio, call in and say hi, :)

Chez

xx

the fruit juice factory had the best prices on most of the souvinier stuff that we found on any island. they had locally made jam, and also a great selection of Hinano stuff, for much less than we found at the market in Papeete.

Archived