Scrabble

Gogetters17

After reading the thread about Duplicate Bridge I was wondering if there would be a chance to play Scrabble or Five Hundred on an Alaskan cruise? I've never cruised before and am wondering what sort of activities are provided on sea days (not that there are many).

Pin the tail on the new cruiser?

Seriously, they usually have a scrabble set or two around. I know one lady who walks around with a scrabble set and that way finds people who are interested. There are people in the card room, or put up a note.

ok Gay - I can't wait to meet you in May at the Connections Party!! Not with a Squabble set though!!! Thanks everyone - I don't really think I want to carry Scrabble across the world with me though. DH doesn't play but I just wondered what might be offered on sea days (the whole two of them!).

:o How funny, I never noticed! Imagine we are so looking forward to this cruise I wanted to get a jump start. We will be boarding the same day as everyone else in San Francisco:)

Doreen - I am alway up for game of Scrabble. The Cova Cafe has a nice area for cards or games. Great views so you don't miss out on the wonderfull scenery.

So glad we're not having to fish you out of the harbour Gay!!! I would love to play Scrabble. Seeing you are just coming from down the road, would you be able to bring your squabble set and I promise not to squabble, even if you spell words the American way and I spell words the Aussie way!!!!

Doreen

• 2 weeks later...

Archived