Waitlisted for Dinner

jag27

I am on the 5/26 sailing of the CB and we are waitlised for the second seating for traditional dining. Has this happened to anybody before? What are our chances of getting a table? It will only by DH and myself, but want to sit at a larger table so we can meet other people.

Not sure if I want to switch to anytime dining yet - we like the traditional dining. And I also do not want the earlier seating - I don't like eating that early.

We booked earlier in the year for the Pacific Princess and were waitlisted for the second seating, but we watched our number go down (and up) on the cruise personaliser and within a couple of weeks were confirmed, so it does happen. Our ship was almost full when we made our reservation, so we thought we didn't have much chance of getting what we wanted and there's no option for personal choice on this particular ship, so we were pretty pleased with the result.

Good luck.

If you do not clear the wait list by the time the cruise personalizer closes, check with the Matre' d when you first get on board. That first day there is usually a large number of people who want to change their dinner request. They will handle as many of the change requests as they can. I recommend that you check in again with the Matre' d as soon as you get on board since as I understand it, the pre-cruise wait list is not consulted, and the requests they get the first day are handled in a first come, first served basis.

but we watched our number go down (and up) on the cruise personaliser and within a couple of weeks were confirmed, so it does happen.

How do you see your number on the cruise personalizer? I only see it as waitlisted.

we booked for alaska in oct for a june 16th sail date,....were waitlisted #178..our number today is #42,,,,first sitting....think you will probably get what you want...hang in there...:rolleyes:

we booked for alaska in oct for a june 16th sail date,....were waitlisted #178..our number today is #42,,,,first sitting....think you will probably get what you want...hang in there...:rolleyes:

How can you tell which number you are on the waitlist???:confused:

We were 167 for early tradtional when we booked in August for our 4/4/08 Emerald cruise. In early December we had moved to 55 and by final payment we were 33. About a week ago we cleared the waitlist so keep your hopes up, it can happen.

How can you tell which number you are on the waitlist???:confused:

The last time I was wait listed it simply appeared on the cruise personalizer page, right next to the status showing that I was wait listed. Perhaps they have changed their web page? I don't know what else to tell you.

The last time I was wait listed it simply appeared on the cruise personalizer page, right next to the status showing that I was wait listed. Perhaps they have changed their web page? I don't know what else to tell you.

They must have changed it because it doesn't list which number I am on the waitlist. I will give them a call as it gets closer to the cruise. This is my honeymoon cruise, so with planning a wedding right now, it is not something I need to worry about!

When we booked for our Hawaiin cruise we were 175 for first seating. Shortly after final payment was due we dropped fast, and we were confirmed about 3 weeks before the cruise. I think that the number on the waitlist has been dropped in the last month or so. I wonder if your travel agent could get the number for you.

I too would like to know how you can see your waitlist number go up and down on the Personalizer, when I log on, it just says waitlisted and as far as I remember, that's all the Personalizer ever told us in the past.

We booked earlier in the year for the Pacific Princess and were waitlisted for the second seating, but we watched our number go down (and up) on the cruise personaliser and within a couple of weeks were confirmed, so it does happen. Our ship was almost full when we made our reservation, so we thought we didn't have much chance of getting what we wanted and there's no option for personal choice on this particular ship, so we were pretty pleased with the result.

Good luck.

They suspended letting you know where you stand (other then waitlisted or not) after the first of the year. You have to contact your TA or Princess directly to know your waitlist number.

Thanks Jerry...I was starting to think I needed a new eye exam:D

I am on the 5/26 sailing of the CB and we are waitlised for the second seating for traditional dining. Has this happened to anybody before? What are our chances of getting a table? It will only by DH and myself, but want to sit at a larger table so we can meet other people.

Not sure if I want to switch to anytime dining yet - we like the traditional dining. And I also do not want the earlier seating - I don't like eating that early.

We had anytime dining on our last cruise & it wasn't bad at all. You can request to share a table & you meet new people every night. So, even if you don't make the traditional dining you will still get to meet people. It gets a little old telling where you are from, what do you do each night, but still fun.

Jan

we just relinquished our Traditional Dining for our upcoming 4/4/08

cruise yesterday:) We signed up for anytime and got Traditional.

We also booked 10 months out --- but we finally decided we wanted

more flexibility.

I'm with you. People who say, "Just switch to Anytime" are missing the point that some people really do prefer Traditional dining and Anytime isn't the same no matter how you slice it. If you don't clear the waitlist by the time you board, go to the Maitre D as soon as you board and request a table in late Traditional seating. Chances are he'll be able to accommodate you.

I'm with you. People who say, "Just switch to Anytime" are missing the point that some people really do prefer Traditional dining and Anytime isn't the same no matter how you slice it. If you don't clear the waitlist by the time you board, go to the Maitre D as soon as you board and request a table in late Traditional seating. Chances are he'll be able to accommodate you.

But.... in the case that doesn't happen..... which it didn't for us..... We went to Anytime and enjoyed our waiters. We came out and made a standing reservation for the same time (which coincided to Late Traditional) for the rest of the cruise. It worked for us... but sometimes, maybe based on the desired time, they may not take the standing reservation. And... true you will miss the flaming baked alaska... but that did not matter to us.

But for us it was great walking up to the entrance... having the Matre'd tell us our table was ready... and just walking in like we were on Traditional. :D

Archived