Mercury Cabin 8007

FJS0974

We had 8004 (same as 8007 in size) for our recent Auckland-Sydney cruise and loved the cabin. For comparison, it is 250 sq. ft. compared to the standard 170. Is that enough of a difference?? It was wonderful, enormous, and we saw just about everything the captain saw from the bridge!! I can't tell you how fantastic it was sailing into Sydney harbor.

I will say that you probably will feel the motion ... which we really enjoy. Of course, the Tasman Sea is known for being rough. We were so happy with the cabin that, depending on the itinerary, we would probably take it again in preference to a balcony. And I never thought that I would ever say that:D

I have been in this cabin twice. On one cruise on the west coast the water was very choppy and one night we were so sick we went to the center of the ship and stayed in the centrum area. On another cruise the motion was apparent but not terrible. I think these are great cabins, but how sensetive you are to motion should be the answer.

We too just had 8007 on the "down under" route - yes it is huge in comparison to the regular cabins in that catergory. So if you are not in a region with really rough seas (like the Tasman Sea) then go for it and book it!!

We have to admit in the Tasman Sea (and we got nailed with 3 days of really lousy weather ) will add photos later

Can anyone tell me, are these cabins larger, they appear to be on the deck plans? They are forward do you feel a lot of motion? Is it worth it to take this cabin?

Here is a link to photographs of Mercury 8007 taken by board member Patrioticgirl:

http://community.webshots.com/album/398490748TMFmmm

She had nothing but good things to say about this large outside cabin.

Thanks for the photos and the info. We are sailing to Hawaii from San Diego so for the most part we should be ok, maybe 1 day rough while we head to/from San Diego other than that I am hoping for smooth sailing, we originaly had the cabin only 3 doors down, so I cannot imagine there would be much more movement than we would have had?

We are leaving Sat. on Mercury and have 8004 and friends have 8007. I have been reading such good things about these cabins I am anxious to check them out. We always have done balcony, some say they prefer these cabins to balcony, hard to believe really. Took these because going Pacific Coastal and figure we wouldn't be using the balcony that much anyway this time of year because of weather, hope I'm right!

We are leaving Sat. on Mercury and have 8004 and friends have 8007. I have been reading such good things about these cabins I am anxious to check them out. We always have done balcony, some say they prefer these cabins to balcony, hard to believe really. Took these because going Pacific Coastal and figure we wouldn't be using the balcony that much anyway this time of year because of weather, hope I'm right!

Hi,

I only hope you love 8004 as much as we did. It may be rocky at times, but it's a great ride --- and, you will love all the space and the huge window to the world! If Shawn is still there as your Steward, please give him greetings from Sharon & Hugo Gerhardt (the ones from Germany& the U.S.). If he is still there (he goes to Solstice when it comes out), you will love him as much as the cabin. He is efficient, charming, pleasant and is just great. Have a wonderful cruise.

We have 8004 for a Panama sailing on Mercury next year. I'm really looking forward to it! I'm hoping one of these two rooms will pop up for our T/A on Galaxy.

We love balconies but I can't justify the cost difference on a C class ship (it always seems to cost much more proportionately to get a balcony on a C class instead of an M class, I guess supply and demand), and since we're cabin rats these seem to be a nice compromise.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I only hope you love 8004 as much as we did. It may be rocky at times, but it's a great ride --- and, you will love all the space and the huge window to the world! If Shawn is still there as your Steward, please give him greetings from Sharon & Hugo Gerhardt (the ones from Germany& the U.S.). If he is still there (he goes to Solstice when it comes out), you will love him as much as the cabin. He is efficient, charming, pleasant and is just great. Have a wonderful cruise.

Shawn is still the stewart for 8004. Shawn was great to us too on our recent cruise as was Raul, his assistant. The cabin was wonderful, we really enjoyed watching the ship pull into port while sipping our morning coffee. Our TA had 8007 and felt that either of these cabins whoud be perfrect for the Panama Canal. There was some motion, but nothing bad. We slept very well throughout the cruise.

Shawn is still the stewart for 8004. Shawn was great to us too on our recent cruise as was Raul, his assistant. The cabin was wonderful, we really enjoyed watching the ship pull into port while sipping our morning coffee. Our TA had 8007 and felt that either of these cabins whoud be perfrect for the Panama Canal. There was some motion, but nothing bad. We slept very well throughout the cruise.

I'm so glad you enjoyed Shawn AND the cabin. I didn't promise too much, did I? We are still having withdrawal symptoms.

Archived