To my New York friends

luvgreys

Or those who are familair with the area. :p We are booked on the Victory out of New York on July 21. We are flying in on the 19th. My question is how far is EWR to Times Square?

Google gave me so many different answers.

I apologize for my ignorance. I have been a lot places, but I have never been in the Eastern U.S.

Thanks!

Or those who are familair with the area. :p We are booked on the Victory out of New York on July 21. We are flying in on the 19th. My question is how far is EWR to Times Square?

Google gave me so many different answers.

I apologize for my ignorance. I have been a lot places, but I have never been in the Eastern U.S.

Thanks!

15 miles.....

Be prepared that 15 miles, depending on time of day, will take you at least 30 minutes!! It amazed me on our first trip that the 9 miles we had to drive from NJ to Times Square took 50 minutes! I laughed when the hotel told us to leave an hour early for our appointment. It was only 9 miles!!

Be prepared that 15 miles, depending on time of day, will take you at least 30 minutes!! It amazed me on our first trip that the 9 miles we had to drive from NJ to Times Square took 50 minutes! I laughed when the hotel told us to leave an hour early for our appointment. It was only 9 miles!!

Sometimes 9 BLOCKS can take 50 minutes.:eek: You just have to go with the flow.:)

If you're traveling light or just have a love for public transportation, one option would be to take the NJ Transit train, which you can catch from EWR. That'll get you into New York Penn Station at 34th Street. You can walk to Times Square (42nd Street) from there or else bus, subway or taxi it.

The train from EWR to New York Penn Station (be sure it's New York Penn Station, not Newark Penn Station) takes approximately a half hour. Getting to Times Square from Penn Station will be at least another 15 minutes, so your total travel time will be around 45 minutes.

Unless you're traveling really early in the morning or late at night I can't imagine driving into the city (particularly into Times Square) will take less than that and could be substantially longer.

Enjoy New York, and let us know if you have any other questions!

Archived