Where have the NY cruises gone?!

MissMet

There is not a single 7 night cruise leaving NY in July 2009, except for NCL to Bermuda for 7 nights... :confused:

What's going on?! There is a 7 night Fl & Bahamas with NCL on the Gem but only until April 2009. I heard that they are probably moving the Gem to the Mediterranean after April.

A few years ago I went on the dawn to Port Canaveral, Miami, Nassau & their private island...now there are no cruises like this out of NY in the summer of '09. :(

Do you think it's still too early & maybe there will be???

I am so disappointed. I mean the Bermuda one sounds nice, but I don't want to go to Bermuda for my entire cruise.

There is not a single 7 night cruise leaving NY in July 2009, except for NCL to Bermuda for 7 nights... :confused:

What's going on?! There is a 7 night Fl & Bahamas with NCL on the Gem but only until April 2009. I heard that they are probably moving the Gem to the Mediterranean after April.

A few years ago I went on the dawn to Port Canaveral, Miami, Nassau & their private island...now there are no cruises like this out of NY in the summer of '09. :(

Do you think it's still too early & maybe there will be???

I am so disappointed. I mean the Bermuda one sounds nice, but I don't want to go to Bermuda for my entire cruise.

Carribean Princess is doing 9 nights to the Carribean next summer from NY starting May 24th. :)

Yeah, that one does look good, but I need a 7, maybe 8 night cruise. I am going with a large group of friends & some can only get a week off from work.

There also is an 8 night with carnival but the itinerery is not my favorite for some of my friends who have never cruised before...the first three days are at sea & the first port is San Juan & you get there at 3pm on day three & leave that night. It seems odd.

I just want a 7 night Fl/Caribbean or something like it.

Yeah, that one does look good, but I need a 7, maybe 8 night cruise. I am going with a large group of friends & some can only get a week off from work.

There also is an 8 night with carnival but the itinerery is not my favorite for some of my friends who have never cruised before...the first three days are at sea & the first port is San Juan & you get there at 3pm on day three & leave that night. It seems odd.

I just want a 7 night Fl/Caribbean or something like it.

Don't underestimate Bermuda. . .It is a fabulous place and there is a lot to do there. You can come and go off the ship as you please, like a hotel for the three days you are there. The Dawn is a great ship.

I agree ...with a cruise to Bermuda from New York.. We've been there twice on cruise ships.. the last one being on the RCCL Explorer of the Seas.. Bermuda is a fabulous Island, and I'd go again, anytime.. There is lots to do and see, and it's a safe and friendly place to vacation. A cruise ship is the best way to see Bermuda, in my opinion, since it is expensive to take a land vacation there. You use the ship as your floating hotel and restaurant, and get on and off when you want to.. The Explorer is a great ship and we'd love to take it again.. especially to Bermuda.

Don't underestimate Bermuda. . .It is a fabulous place and there is a lot to do there. You can come and go off the ship as you please, like a hotel for the three days you are there. The Dawn is a great ship.

Oh, yes. I have no doubt that it's great. If this cruise was just for my family, I would book it, no questions asked, but I'm trying to keep a large group of people happy. A lot of them haven't been on a cruise & they really like the idea of seeing multiple destinations. I also agree about the dawn. The dawn was my first cruise & I loved it!

We'll probably end up on the Dawn to Bermuda & we'll probably LOVE it, I was just taken by surprise that the type of cruise I was really looking for & felt was easy to find is not that easy to find after all.

Archived