Four Seasons - Vancouver?

fundayz

We stayed there before our cruise and it was wonderful - terrific location and wonderful service - just what you would expect at a Four Seasons. And since they had suites available when we checked in, we were able to upgrade for just $30 more a night. Don't know if they still offer that deal or not. Our room was spectacular - large living room, dining area, separate bedroom, and two marble bathrooms. This was a few years ago, we got an Entertainment rate, so I'm sure it's more than the ~$200 or so we paid. We easily got a cab to take us the few short blocks down to the terminal for our cruise.

The Four Seasons in in a great location on top of the Pacific Centre Mall which is one of BC's larger shopping malls + it is right downtown Vancouver close to everything and only a few blocks to the dock for your crusie. I love to have lunch in their lounge especially like their open face sandwich tray. (if they still offer it - last couple of times I had it I had to request it as they took it off the menu but would still provide it upon request.

We are currently booked at the Waterfront. Considered Four Seasons as well. Some friends recommended Hotel Opus? Boutique, artsy. Looks good on web. Anybody slept here?

I have not stayed at the Opus Hotel, but if you are looking for a hotel that is centrally located, and close to the Cruise ship terminal, I would stick with the Waterfront (I am assuming this is the Fairmont you're talking about).

The Opus Hotel is in Yaletown, which is considered a "happening" neighbourhood. However, apart from the restaurant and bars and a bit of seawall, there really is not much to do around the area. I would stick to a hotel closer to the centre of the city or towards coal harbour and the west end/stanley park.

We are thinking of staying here for our pre-cruise time. Has anyone stayed here? How did you like it?

The Four Seasons is a great hotel and is situated almost in the centre of the downtown business core. As OP has pointed out it forms part of Pacific Centre a large 2 level underground shopping all that is anchored by The Bay, Sears and Holt Renfrew. It is just a block from the fashionable shops of Robson St, across the street from the Art Gallery and you can walk to almost all of the downtown sights of Vancouver. What it lacks are the unimpeded views of the harbour and the north shore mountains that you will get at the Pan Pacific and Fairmont Waterfront hotels at Canada Place which are about 4 blocks to the north, but from a quailty point of view thay are exactly the same in my opinion.

We are currently booked at the Waterfront. Considered Four Seasons as well. Some friends recommended Hotel Opus? Boutique, artsy. Looks good on web. Anybody slept here?

The Opus is a trendy boutique hotel at the north boundary of Yaletown which was once the close warehouse district of Vancouver but now is more SOHO in nature; anyone who I know that has stayed there has loved it. I have never stayed there but know it well enough and wouldn't trade it for the Fairmont Waterfront hotel; the Waterfront hotel and its views of the harbour and the north shore mountains is what Vancouver is all about, you can stay in trendy hotels anywhere.

Archived