This is torture!

mirrajay

I always scoffed at the people who would post something such as: "I cant make it through work these last few days before my cruise", but now I totally understand! This is torture!

This day has gone by so slowly and I can only imagine that tomorrow and Thursday will go by slower.

I say we start a "support thread" for those of us leaving this weekend on any ship. I know its not just me who is struggling through the longest week in recent memory! :)

LOL thanks for the pity :p

And yes, Serene - that is what pushed me over the edge. I was talking to my boss about where I would be next week and all my concentration went out the window. I am officially worthless at work! :)

Seven - where in Colorado are you?

The last week before a cruise is the worst!!! I just know ahead of time that for the week before and the week after my cruise I'm going to be totally worthless at work (not that I tell my boss that ;) ). I just try to help the time pass by listening to my cruise music, going over my packing list, looking at my Carnival brochure, and reading virtually every thread on cruise critic. :D

Halos - I love that signature. GO EAGLES!!!

mirrajay I understand your dilema...I only have two more days of work ( I took off friday to pack) We are sailing out on Sunday..however flying to texas on saturday. I ammm sooo excited I haven't been sleeping just dreaming about it. :)

Fellow upcoming weekend cruisers! I am glad I have found you :)

I made a CD to listen to on the plane/in the cabin/whenever and I think I am going to take that to work tomorrow and listen to it when I think I just cant take another moment. Its full of songs that either remind me of past vacations or that I have "assigned" to this vacation.

trick - I love that you took Friday off to pack! Thats something I usually do before vacations also, but since we are flying to NYC on Friday, I didnt want to push it with the boss this time :)

klfrodo - thats mean! And so true! :)

And basketball mom and jemingway are right...it will be worse when I dont have a countdown clock to look at at all.

I will certainly post a review when I come back.

Only 14 more hours of work to go...

Can't believe we are leaving this Saturday. I have been slowly putting things out that I will be taking. I work at home and I keep stopping to check and see if there are any new messages of interest so I am really not getting much done. Happy Cruising everyone. I have enjoyed and appreciate all the information that everyone has posted for this cruise.

Ahhhh...the agony of the art of patience! We all go through it! Some worse than others....By the time go time comes I feel like I belong in a mental hospital!

But whats worse.....is the agony of knowing that there is no cruise plans in sight...at least for now :(

I'm just as impatient, counting down to two cruises as well as to our return to Florida after spending the summer in Ohio. Just keep planning, shopping, more planning, and before you know it the day has arrived and the bags are sitting by the door!

Have a great cruise and let us all know about it!

28_1_16.gif Two days till we fly south!

Slinkie

I feel your pain :D We are at 58 days and counting down until our Glory-ous cruise. Fortunately for me, I am off work the two days before we leave, so I can get into that "cruise frame of mind". Keep your chin up. You'll be on the ship before you know it. Have a foo-foo drink for me!

Joanne :)

Woo hoo! Today went by very quickly - I had a small crisis to sift though, so it actually took my mind off the cruise (always look for the silver lining, right?). Luckily, I think I have taken care of the crisis and can now focus on my cruise and the nerves that are slowly building up inside my stomach as I reach the ONE DAY TO GO mark! :eek: I thought this day would NEVER come! Nothing left to do but wait and do my best to get at least some work done tomorrow. I think I will set all the clocks in the office to sound an alarm at 5:00 when I am officially free!

~Carey

Hi There,

I wanted to ask you some questions regarding your trip last Thanksgiving on the Glory. I could onlly assume that it was a good experience since you are going back. I am travelling that week this year with my DH, DS14 and DS12. Would you mind contacting me via email to answer some questions? Thanks.

Archived