Buenos Aires Hotel Recomendations

ClaudiaF

Based on all the good input about Cintia, we also booked with her for the Argenta Towers on February 26. She also arranged airport to hotel and hotel to pier transfers, a city tour the afternoon we arrive, and dinner and a tango show that evening. I am impressed with her service and reasonable prices. I don't think a US-based TA could compete with her.

• 5 years later...
Anybody stayed at Claridge Hotel? Alvear ?

Kempinski?

What about the areas where they are?

Barcelona to Venice on Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;3;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Buenos Aires to Rio Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;2;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0300

mermaidswim.gif

icon_treasurebox.gif

We stayed at the Claridge - great service, room was nice, pool was nice, could walk to Puerto Madero. Didn't like being so close to Florida Street - it's a bit trashy. If we were going again, we'd stay in Palermo. Loved the neighborhood.

I very highly recommend trying one of the many beautiful boutique hotels in Palermo. They exude chic and have tons of charm and personality , something you might not get at big chain hotels. You get individualized attention and service.

On our visit to BA in January , we stayed at the Vain Boutique Hotel. Chocolates on our pillows , wonderful beds , made to order breakfast , lovely toiletries.

23vn4fn.jpg

The Vain Hotel (facade)

2rqikvb.jpg

one of our bedrooms (just a part , it was a big room)

14uierp.jpg

Lobby/Breakfast area

161gnqr.jpg

Upper floor/reading area

There is a nice terrace you can have drinks on and free wi-fi. They also offer you a welcome cocktail.

Other boutique hotels to consider:

1555 Malabia House

Costa Petit

Have a nice trip.

Kim

We also stayed at the Claridge pre-cruise last month. It's definitely not 5-star accommodations, but for $150/night including a good buffet breakfast, it was worth it. The rooms are small, and the bathrooms are well-appointed though small. The staff was wonderful, and we liked the location: go to the paint store on the corner, pass the Subway shop, and when you reach the sex shop, go directly across the street to the Claridge. ;) Florida Street and the Galeria Pacifico are very nearby. I'd definitely stay there again.

We stayed at the Hotel Bel Air in Recoleta. Nice hotel and for $74 per night plus tax it couldn't be beat. Great location in a quiet neighborhood near a park. there is a Immortals restaurant close by-...nice place for a quiet lunch.

the rooms at the hotel were European small but more than adequate for our needs.

Two years ago we spent two nights in B.A. before a cruise and, based on reviews and price, chose the Hotel Bel Air in Recoleta. Inside, itt has the look and feel of a business hotel, but the room was large and comfortable. Lobby rather sterile, but the free breakfast downstairs was quite good. Free computer use in the business center. It was in a pleasant, tree-filled neighborhood, across the street from a large park, and reminded me a bit of Paris. There were some nice restaurants on the same street. About a block from a major shopping street. We walked to the famous Recoleta cemetery (where Eva Person is buried), and the adjoining park that often has many vendors. Cruise ship port was a short cab ride away. There may be more centrally-located hotels, especially if you want to be near the city's main drag, including the famous monument and opera house, etc. (we walked to those but some might find it too long a walk), but we were quite happy with our choice.

I stayed at the Claridge a month ago. This was my second visit. The first was three years ago. Whilst I do believe the hotel has gone down hill in that time it still was comfortable, clean and extraordinary value for money. Soft furnishings are somewhat worn and it is in need of refurbishment. There were also a couple of bizarre things such as the modern cloth sail style light in a traditional room. It has lost star in that time too...now a 4* hotel.

The service was excellent as always with staff incredibly helpful. Security is also good with a plain clothes security person always in the lobby.

We paid $USD112 + tax for two people including breakfast and internet access in the business centre. NOT expensive for a major city!! The breakfast was fine...not stupendous but more than adequate. The Claridge also looked after our bags for three days prior to our check in - while we went to Iguassu Falls - at no charge

The location is great - half a block to Calle Florida, walk to Plaza Mayo or San Martin, the Obelisco, Teatro Colon, a block to the Galleria Pacifico mall. It takes 5 - 10 minutes max to walk to Puerto Madero. If slightly more energetic, you can walk to Recoleta...the Alvear Palace (great for a special afternoon tea) is 25 minutes of interesting walking. Taxis are cheap and plentiful so easy to get to Palermo, San Telmo and good shopping areas such as Av Santa Fe.

Despite being in the heart of the city, it is also QUIET with double glazed windows.

Despite the fact that the "old lady" needs some sprucing up, I will still return to the Claridge when next in Buenos Aires

Archived