Here It Is Boys and Girls...New Dress Code

KenMo

Wow, people are really wound up about this arent they??....what's wrong with a pair of dress docker shorts and a silk shirt with dress shoes......does that really offend other people......its casual people, deal with it......life is too short (pun intended) to worry about this crap.........

Glad to see they are finally prohibiting jeans on Elegant night!

Sparty, please take note..

Well said aphone!

How is this directed to me? Im just happy that this "new" code is upsetting so many people who live in fairy tale land with dreams of being special or royalty. Welcome back to earth, have a sit next to Jim-Bob. LMAO Too bad, So sad, IM GLAD.

My thoughts are that now that they have decided to allow shorts in the dining room...*shudder* they may actually enforce the rules as far as sloppiness goes.

I noticed that NCL decided to allow jeans, but there is a sign in front of every dining room that states there will be no jeans with tears or holes allowed...and they do enforce this, so although people are dressed 'down' they aren't looking like they just got through a brawl in an alley. I do think they also prohibit shorts, still.

I'm hoping that CCL does the same...now that they are allowing a more casual dress on casual nights, that they do enforce the 'no ball cap/torn shorts and sleevless shirts' thing.

I think with the economy being what it is, and people having to cut back on vacationing (and all other extra things) the cruise lines need to be more accomodating to people's wallets in order to get them on board. The lines are building/have built all these new ships...they need to fill them.

I do think that airlines charging now for that second suitcase is also a consideration....in some cases. In all honesty, my long dresses weigh less and take up far less space than jeans, but then again, I'm not into poofy taffeta :eek: )

For me, I am truly sad that CCL has chosen to do this...but it won't stop me from cruising OR from dressing as I see fit for an 'elegant' evening.

So instead of the cool Bond pic posted earlier, apparently this is more in line with the Carnival crowd?

NewBond2.jpg

I am a snappy dresser. I wouldnt wear MANPRIS to dinner, nor jeans, nor shorts, nor sleeveless shirts. Stop misconstruing what I SAY. I am just relishing the fact that some of you are getting so upset by this. You can still dress up.. I am going to. I will not wear a tuxedo, that is over the top and quite honestly a relic of fashion.. (see my above post as to when a tuxedo is acceptable).

I am a snappy dresser. I wouldnt wear MANPRIS to dinner, nor jeans, nor shorts, nor sleeveless shirts. Stop misconstruing what I SAY. I am just relishing the fact that some of you are getting so upset by this. You can still dress up.. I am going to. I will not wear a tuxedo, that is over the top and quite honestly a relic of fashion.. (see my above post as to when a tuxedo is acceptable).

And don't you misconstrue my reason for active posting on this topic because the subject matter is upsetting to me. :) I am enjoying it thoroughly, and have even learned what manpris are. Oh, and BTW, DH bought a couple pair of Dockers last night (for the cruise), and he looks great in them ;)

Cindy

I guess my family will be dressed up with the other "relics" and "dinosaurs". (though I actually like the madras manpris pictured!!) And my dh and I never attended our prom (we went to h.s. together) - I guess we are now living out our unfullfilled past - LOL!;)

Good, Im glad some relics are taking this in stride. Some other; however, are not. They are truly angered. This is funny. And yes, the madras manpris rule. I have to thank trock for the internationalmale.com website. I shall now have a plethora of manpris and banana hammocks to choose from. Sparty in buttfloss in 14 days!

So instead of the cool Bond pic posted earlier, apparently this is more in line with the Carnival crowd?

NewBond2.jpg

Thank you for this, i needed this laugh this morning Very Clever

All kidding aside...I see both sides of this.. When i first started cruising 8 yrs or so ago... I too felt going on a cruise could take me back to a time before mine, dressing for elegant dinners..etc. And i did and I do.. First few cruise i wore gown length cocktail dresses..and when I went on Carnival i felt it should be no different.

I dress for dinner. I dress formally for formal night.

I really dont care what everyone else is wearing.. I really dont. Me and my party do our thing .. and thats all i am concerned about.

I think a man can wear dress shorts with sports jacket (ala Bermuda) and look fine... Is it appropriate on every guy? No.. Just like not any guy can pull off manpris (on the lido deck) not every guy can do the Bermuda look

I say dress as well as you can afford.

Act as best and as classy as your mother taught you too, and no one will notice what you are wearing (except say cut offs:D )

Treat the staff with respect and dignity.

Pull out the chair for the ladies.

Put your napkin in your lap.

Eat your food with your mouth closed

How one acts is much more important than how one looks. But how you act includes following the 'rules' or codes in place and that is expected of you to fulfill on your end of the contract.

Well thats my take.. Good Morning all!:D

Good, Im glad some relics are taking this in stride. Some other; however, are not. They are truly angered. This is funny. And yes, the madras manpris rule. I have to thank trock for the internationalmale.com website. I shall now have a plethora of manpris and banana hammocks to choose from. Sparty in buttfloss in 14 days!

G'Morning

gotta love the bods in that catalog.. Enjoy:D

It is indeed a sad day upon hearing the decision handed down by Carnival. I think the cruise line industry started out for people to have a great time on board. When first conceived, I feel they could also step back into the guilded age of luxury travel only offered to the "well to do" folks and create a modern day ship of formality in dress, food, atmosphere, bringing yesteryear back to the high seas, if only on FORMAL NIGHT. Here was an evening where one's fantasy can run wild with all the trappings. Dressing as if we were Vanderbilt, Morgan, and the other powerful brokers of finance... and being treated as if we were the same.

Try as I might, I find that no amount of insult or put downs that would have any affect on your decisions to wear to the dining room what you would wear to "Hooters". Your entire life revolves around an ongoing discussion turned argument that "Bud is better than Miller".

You are content to rebel against anything that might require some sort of change on your part. You seem almost glad to be the square peg in the round hole.

But now, my friend, there is trouble. Real trouble.! You will no longer be the exception,(hi-fives, bubba and bubbalicious, nascar racing, bowling, 3 dogs under your trailer, and a couple of cars on blocks) you will be the RULE...!!!! You will now look around at the dinner table and see others wearing their ball caps backwards, others with sleeveless shirts, others with camo jean shorts and shower clogs. How are you going to stand out among this bunch...?? Where is the shock factor you were hoping for on this trip..:rolleyes:

Oh, I will keep an eye on you, Johnny Bob, and your sweet thang, Joonteenth, as we are served a 4 to 5 course elegant dinner with a bottle of special wine by our own "waiters" who are more than happy to see us at each seating. We "dress" for dinner, unlike you and yours who "get dressed for dinner". Some day you will dicipher the difference JB. Anyway, as we proceed back to our "special" table all to ourselves our wait staff is at attention ready to pull out chairs, seat each of us, spread our napkins on our lap and commence fulfilling our every need. No, JB, you won't learn any of this as you pull up and shout your order into a clown's head at your local drive thru chicken joint..... but, you knew that... right??? :D

What a great laugh to start my Saturday. I love condescending idiots! They're so entertaining when they try to look down their nose at everyone beneath them. I hear Higgins as a read this post. Just an FYI, if you pull that stick out of your butt you'll probably relax a bit & enjoy life.

Is taking a cruise about who you can impress by how ritzy you dress? I will not wear shorts in the dining area but I will not go to the expense of a tux. I am going on a cruise to enjoy myself with my wife and really could not care if I impress any one or not. It is not about impressions. Just go and enjoy yourself as who you are and that will be the best impression you leave with strangers.

I say this with confidence, I AM HOT. Manpris DO NOT have to be sloppy. I have seen plenty of SLOBS dressed up in suits, tuxedos, khaki Dockers. Sloppy is about attitude, not about fabric. My attitude makes everything I wear sexy, fun and wonderful.:D :p

I've been reading and can't take it anymore. I want to see this hotty! Where's a picture?

Thanks so much to everyone for a very enjoyable way to spend last night and this morning... I even called my sister and gave her the link so she could laugh til she cried like I have... This has been the funniest thread I've read on this board... and I've read just about every one in the past couple of months! If all of you keep this up for the next 7 days, I'll laugh til I board the ship a week from tomorrow!

Is taking a cruise about who you can impress by how ritzy you dress? I will not wear shorts in the dining area but I will not go to the expense of a tux. I am going on a cruise to enjoy myself with my wife and really could not care if I impress any one or not. It is not about impressions.

I agree! And I also believe the majority thinks as you do;)

Dh has a "bunny" with a bow tie (guess where it is worn:eek: ) Will that count as formal wear? BTW - Trock - from one Lawngilander to another - love how you wrote our location!! It made my day yesterday when I finally noticed it. Thanks for the giggle each time I see you post.

Off topic but do you happen to live in Florida, I have a friend who's nickname is earthworm and his real name is Jim lol

Even more off topic. Does anyone else from the west coast start to crave a Carl's Western Bacon Cheeseburger every time you see a post from FloridaLaura? :D

Archived