I have a bump

... cabin, that is.

Okay, okay. Caved into all the hype and switched my Large Oceanview (saw pix of the room and didn't like the slanted wall) to a hump cabin. 8620 on Voyager in the middle of the hump. After my balcony discount, it was only $140 more so what the hey.

Was going to do an E2 but all those are on deck 6 which is the deck with the all metal balconies and I like the glass. Agent at Royal knew exactly what I meant when I said, "do you have anything on the bubble?" Pretty much all of deck 8 is open so I had a wide selection.

I'm hoping everyone is right about the lack of noise. The one time I had a room by the atrium, it was thunderously noisy, but that was on Carnivore so it's not a fair comparison.

Cruise isn't until next January, so I hope this is a good choice.

I don't think you will be disappointed.....we had 6618 on Adventure for our most recent cruise and I would book it again without hesitation! No extra noise, and the proximity to the elevators and stairs was wonderful!:)

okay, I booked the 2nd room on the hump on the jewel..............will we be able to see forward and backward?...............It is on deck 9, I beleive right below the owners suite. I thought I read in a previous reply that if you aren't in the center room the hump blocks your view.:confused:

okay, I booked the 2nd room on the hump on the jewel..............will we be able to see forward and backward?...............It is on deck 9, I beleive right below the owners suite. I thought I read in a previous reply that if you aren't in the center room the hump blocks your view.:confused:

Hi, Not always, it depends on the ship.

As you can see, the Radiance class has 5 center hump cabins and the Voyager class only has 2 center hump cabins. ;)

So, on the Radiance class there is a much better chance of seeing from forward to aft in any of those 5 cabins. ;)

Radiance class and Voyager class is below it.

Hi, Not always, it depends on the ship.

As you can see, the Radiance class has 5 center hump cabins and the Voyager class only has 2 center hump cabins. ;)

You said in another post that the little extra space on the Voyager class hump cabins were in the rooms, not the balconies. Does that mean the walls have a little slant to them the way some of the large Oceanview cabins do?

You said in another post that the little extra space on the Voyager class hump cabins were in the rooms, not the balconies. Does that mean the walls have a little slant to them the way some of the large Oceanview cabins do?

I am going by what the people who have been in those hump cabins posted about them on here.

They were disappointed to find that the extra space shown in the deck plan was not on the balcony itself, instead of just wasted space in the room.

I understand that little extra space is behind the curtain?

My sister and I are in the cabin just across the elevator.......8320 - We hope this room will be terrific!

Looking forward to meeting you, Zan.

Barb

I had 8320 on the Navigator and LOVED it. You are right across from the door to the hallway but do not panic. There really is no extra noise except. :eek:

You might hear a funny little whistle when the ship is moving. If you do, roll up a towel and put it at the bottom of the cabin door. No more whistle. ;)

Also do not leave anything like money, important papers, etc laying around your room. If you have the balcony door open and you open the cabin door, it creates a wind tunnel. The force is tremendous and that money will fly around and out those doors faster than superman. :D

People too! Look out when you are sailing especially. ;)

Archived