Memories of the Queen Victoria

Cornus

Before our NYC to LA leg in January, we read many of the negative posts and were a bit fearful of what to expect. Not to worry...the many positives far outweighed the negatives, which were really just minor inconveniences.

Just wanted to give a big *HI* :D to many of the people we met on board and I know spend time at this site...KenC, Phil, Kazzie, Denise, Lesley, Darrell, Erik, ksailaway [Kevin...? and wife], and anyone else I'm missing.

I started this new thread because I posted a reply to KenC in another thread, but got the following message: "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"...don't know what that was all about, but I assume that the original thread had been deleted as I was posting to it :eek:. Anyway, I just wanted to remind KenC to check Kazzie's blog to see a pic of Roscoe in his kilt :cool:.

This time next Sunday we'll be on our way to Brooklyn to board the QM2 for a ten day Caribbean cruise. Hope it's as enjoyable as the one we had on the QV in January, and that someday we'll all meet up again :).

Jack

Hi Jack

Good to catch up with you again!!! Thought you had defected for good. Yes, we had a ball on Queen Victoria - probably one of our best cruises ever. Perhaps because it was so good I have been unable to get down and write a review - too sad being back.

Yes, I have seen Roscoe's kilt pics on Kazzie's blog - surprised he hasn't posted anything having made such a fuss about getting info on internet rates etc.

You are on another cruise next Sunday???? Do you guys do anything but cruise??? Just jealous - sorry. Hope you have a ball - have you talked Brent into the trans Pacific on QV next year??? Don't think we will be on Cunard in the near future - good itineraries and our dates don't match. Perhaps we'll meet up next on the new Queen Elizabeth??? Don't forget - if you are ever in Brighton!!!

Regards

Ken

We sailed from La to New Zealand and had a wonderful time. Met some super people and we have no complaints. Staff were great, food was wonderful in the Brittania.

Sorry to say it is just a great memory now until next time!!!.

Back at work and saving for the next cruise with all the family.

We sailed from La to New Zealand and had a wonderful time. Met some super people and we have no complaints. Staff were great, food was wonderful in the Brittania.

Sorry to say it is just a great memory now until next time!!!.

Back at work and saving for the next cruise with all the family.

We're hoping to continue where we left off next January, i.e., LA to Sydney...either on the QV or the QM2. Love them both and am leaning toward the QM2 since it's only 15 days [i think :confused:]. The problem is making our way back to NYC. Not looking forward to those flights. :eek:

Did you happen to meet Kazzie? She's on the full world cruise and is keeping a wonderful blog. Visit http://karen123.wordpress.com/ to bring back some memories of your leg of the cruise. She's posted some great pics.

• 4 weeks later...

We sailed from LA to Dubai, had a great nine weeks. We met very nice people and look forward to doing the whole world tour on the new QE in 2010-11.

I got a chance to work out daily with great trainers, lost ten pounds and was able to run a half marathon two weeks after getting home.

Archived