Ultimate Balcony Dining

Woobstr112G

We did this in 2006 as a group dinner, there were 9 of us and they cordoned off an area of the horizen court for us, it was wonderful and the food really really good.

Everyone we know that has enjoyed it out on the balcony has enjoyed it too and I personnally haven't heard bad about it.

May I ask you some questions. A group of us are going on the Star this coming oct. to mex. riviera and were interested in this group thing. Did just one of you call and make reservations for the whole group or how did you do and to eat at the Horizon Ct. We would love to do that. Would appreciate any information you can give us.

Marilyn

Was just wondering how the waiters "stay out of sight"? Do they hang out in your cabin while u are eating???? The whole experience sounds so nice-i was just hesitant about having waiters watching/ you eat and listening to your conversation? Please explain. Thanks:)

I am interested in the UB Breakfast rather than dinner and was wondering if anyone had the menu--I'll be on the Golden Princess to Alaska--and if there is a possiblity to vary the menu ( I'm allergic to seafood/shellfish) The UB dinner seems great and I was wondering what people thought of the breakfast

thanks

Was just wondering how the waiters "stay out of sight"? Do they hang out in your cabin while u are eating???? The whole experience sounds so nice-i was just hesitant about having waiters watching/ you eat and listening to your conversation? Please explain. Thanks:)

I am curious about this as well. I would like to do something like this on our cruise, does every ship offer this (spec. emerald?)

Does each balcony on princess have tables and chairs, or just sun chairs?

This sounds like so much fun!

How many drinks/much wine is included with out an additional charge?

I've seen postings that would indicate they hang out just outa sight. That might mean in your cabin or in the hallway. I've also seen postings wherein the couple enjoyed talking to the waiter throughout the entire dinner. Guess it's up to the individual.....

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus to Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Soverign Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

RCCL Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/9

May I ask you some questions. A group of us are going on the Star this coming oct. to mex. riviera and were interested in this group thing. Did just one of you call and make reservations for the whole group or how did you do and to eat at the Horizon Ct. We would love to do that. Would appreciate any information you can give us.

Marilyn

Marilyn, I made all the arrangements for the group. I called room service and talked to the room service supervisor. He came up to my cabin a few days prior to dinner and we discussed menu and everything else. A couple of people in our group had special requests which I made for them and every request was granted. The supervisor himself did the serving for our group along with one of his staff. Photographer came by twice and took many photos. It was difficult to choose as there were so many. The supervisor was not pleased with the size of the lobster that was served, so he requested larger ones. We were served huge, delicious lobster tails. The setting was beautiful; flowers, candles and potted plants that were used to rope off a very private area for us. It was just wonderful! :p

Jackie, I do not see why you cannot have the UBD ini your inside cabin. He sometimes it is too cool to eate outside so they will just set it up on the table in your room.

marilyn

This is good to know. Since we'll be sailing Western Europe next May, it may be cool at night, so I was wondering what would happen if you wanted to do UBD.

Marilyn, I made all the arrangements for the group. I called room service and talked to the room service supervisor. He came up to my cabin a few days prior to dinner and we discussed menu and everything else. A couple of people in our group had special requests which I made for them and every request was granted. The supervisor himself did the serving for our group along with one of his staff. Photographer came by twice and took many photos. It was difficult to choose as there were so many. The supervisor was not pleased with the size of the lobster that was served, so he requested larger ones. We were served huge, delicious lobster tails. The setting was beautiful; flowers, candles and potted plants that were used to rope off a very private area for us. It was just wonderful! :p

Thanks lynda. i really appreciate it. So hopefully we can do that on the Star although I see no reason we can't. Again thanks.

marilyn

To the question regarding the UBB - we did not want the salmon so we requested eggs benedict for me and an omlet for DH. No problem. All the other stuff came as well. Also when we did the UBD the servers waited outside the room and they always seemed to know when to come back in. I was worried before we did the dinner that they would "hover" but it was entirely comfortable.

We did this on our honeymoon on the Coral. I thought it was worth every penny. Not so crazy about the canapes, but we loved everything else. I even loved the salad. The dressing was delicious. I think it's worth the $ to try out. We probalby won't do it on our 4 night cruise, but definitely will on our next longer Princess cruise.

BWJM - We did our UBD on a port day while in San Juan. I do not believe that you need to do this on a sea day unless they have changed this since we sailed in August. I hope not because I believe we would like to do this again while in San Juan in August again!

Can those of you who did this tell me how you dressed for the occasion. Also, we are celebrating our 25th Anniversary on Board and were thinking of doing the UBD or going to Sabatini's. Which would you recommend. I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

Can those of you who did this tell me how you dressed for the occasion. Also, we are celebrating our 25th Anniversary on Board and were thinking of doing the UBD or going to Sabatini's. Which would you recommend. I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

Oh, I would have the UBD as it is far ahead of the Sabatini's experience. Since it is hosted on your balcony you may dress as you wish. We wore shorts last month when we had the UBD.

Mike:)

While I have yet to experience UBD (not till Oct 08 on the Emerald) I would deffinetely dress up. Even if it were on the balcony, I'd still wear my tux.

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess AUS/NZ 01/09

Future: Diamond Princess Aus to Nz 01/09

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Soverign Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

RCCL Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

Archived