can kids charge on seapass?

Yes - kids can charge the seapass account - I learnt this when my son super-charged his account (even though I told him not to!!) in the arcade to the sum of 50$, a quick call to guest relations sorted it though - I checked the seapasses via the system on the TV.

You don't have to put money on the account but honestly you have to know your kid.

People have posted about kids taking the card into the arcade and not realizing how much they charged. They were just playing games and the amount got away from them. How can they understand if it's their first time?

We started allowing our daughter to charge when she was about 14. We gave her an amount for the week and she was fine. She was able to buy herself an ankle bracelet - "gold" by the inch and snacks from the gift shop etc.

You can check your tv each night to see what was charged.

I don't think they can learn unless they are given the chance. But again...you really have to know how mature and responsible your own child is.

Careful with this! When I was 16 I ran up a $200 internet bill emailing everyone and their mother while on the cruise...how on earth I found time to do that is beyond me. My parents think it's funny now but they weren't too happy when that statement came....:eek:

I just sailed on Voyager and they told us there was no way to set a limit for kids. I've heard from other posters here that the limit doesn't seem to work all the time, so it's better if they just admit they can't do it. THey told me that even with cash, you can put up to $500 on an account so you can't really limit them that way either (unless your limit would have been more than that).

My kids were fine--I don't think they ever spent more than $10 a day, except the last day when we told them it was OK to spend $20-30 if they wanted a souvenier. I checked their spending every day and they knew they could lose charging priveleges. My son went to Johnny Rocket's a few times, and they got virgin drinks now and then.

Careful with this! When I was 16 I ran up a $200 internet bill emailing everyone and their mother while on the cruise...how on earth I found time to do that is beyond me. My parents think it's funny now but they weren't too happy when that statement came....:eek:

I bet, LOL!! Your bill is low compared to some we have read on this board!! One teen managed to call his girlfriend from the cabin to a tune of over $1,000 :eek:

###

If my kids are in separate rooms, but their sea pass cards are connected to my credit card and my account will their spending show up on my tv?

I'm just wondering how I'm going to monitor their accounts.

Thanks

Yes it will all show up on your account, both at guest services and the tv

Last year on the Mariner we definitely could put a limit on any seapass we wanted to. We did this with my son who was 12 at the time. We started off really small (just to see what would happen) and low and behold the next day after visiting the arcade he was back saying he couldn't charge any more :eek: . Explained to him again that there was a limit, went back to guest relations and put a bit more on the card. That lasted the rest of the week.

If my kids are in separate rooms, but their sea pass cards are connected to my credit card and my account will their spending show up on my tv?

I'm just wondering how I'm going to monitor their accounts.

Thanks

You can always stop and guest relations and get an update. When we sailed with our kids in seperate rooms, I asked for an extra key to there room. We could get into theirs but the couldn't get in to ours:D ! You could check the TV in there room daily if it doesn't show up on your TV but I think it shows up by account not room number.

On our last ship we could not check via TV so I asked the kids what they had charged each night, they were very honest and never let it get out of hand. My 18 y/o never used a dime on his, the others had a few Ben and Jerry's charges and my youngest had a $20 to the arcade...not too bad for 5 days!

We haven't cruised with our kids on RC before. Are they allowed to charge on their sea pass? Can we set limits or put limited amounts on their passes?

Thanks

Heard MANY horror stories about kids running up the bills - even 21yo kids it seems. My kids were not restricted (which amazed our traveling companions) and my kids never spent a dime without asking. I did check our account every night on the tv though!

I just got off Voyager last week and had 3 children set up with cash accounts. As someone said earlier, I was not able to put a limit on their accounts. I asked them specifically to do so and they told me they were unable to. I just kept an eye on their accounts and when they hit the limit that we decided was enough, I went to the pursors desk and had them remove charging priveledges from their cards.

Another note, we were not able to view their accounts in our stateroom, we had them in another cabin and to see their accounts, we had to go in their room to view their accounts on the tv. If they were set up on our credit card, we probably would have been able to see all the accounts from our stateroom.

You really need to know your child. I've read where some parents give their child a set amount for the week, if the child has a credit at the end of the cruise they get the remainder in cash. If the child went over the limit they had to pay the entire bill back. Worked for them.

Archived