Mariner-need Help Picking Cabin!

HI,

Planning 30 wedding anniversary on Mariner when it leaves out of LA.

We would prefer a balcony cabin. We do not get sea sick, spend first thing in the a.m. at the gym.

We like being within reason to an elevator.

Any suggestions w/ deck and or which balcony gives you the most for your dollar?

Thanks,

robyn

1388 will give you the most bang for your buck. You pay for a D1 balcony, but get a room that is almost the size of a junior suite. You do not get the larger js bathroom, but the room is definitely much bigger than standard D1s. You also get a huge balcony!!!

As far as being close to the elevator...1388 is not near the elevator it is an aft-facing room on the back of the ship and a good long walk from the elevator. We love the walk, though.

It is only one flight up to the windjammer and the pools!

HI,

We would prefer a balcony cabin. We do not get sea sick, spend first thing in the a.m. at the gym.

Any suggestions w/ deck and or which balcony gives you the most for your dollar?

Thanks,

robyn

If you want to save a little money on the cabin and get the best location, plus the best view, these are the best cabins to me. :D

8618 or 8620 Center of the Hump Port Side

8318 or 8320 center of the Hump Starboard side

If they are taken, drop down to Deck 7 and try for the cabins beneath them. ;)

These hump cabins are in a great central location, have a great view, have totally private balconies because you are out further from the ship than all others, are near the elevators and the stairs, and yet there is no extra noise because of that.

The center Hump cabins are the prime choice with the best views.

This is the Mariner. You can see these cabins and where they are. ;)

1620 is marked wrong. It is the Royal Suite.

2001251604247032898_rs.jpg

If you want to save a little money on the cabin and get the best location, plus the best view, these are the best cabins to me. :D

8618 or 8620 Center of the Hump Port Side

8318 or 8320 center of the Hump Starboard side

If they are taken, drop down a to Deck 7 and try for the cabins beneath them. ;)

These hump cabins are in a great central location, have a great view, have totally private balconies because you are out further from the ship than all others, are near the elevators and the stairs, and yet there is no extra noise because of that.

The center Hump cabins are the prime choice with the best views.

We have 7322 for our August cruise, not quite center hump but really close. Cabins above and below us, plus the only thing on that deck is the library and staterooms. I am hoping this turns out to be a good choice.

We've opted for 7328 for our October cruise wanted something starboard side would have preferred 7292 - 7310 will keeping checking for opening, previous cruise had 7598 port and found it to be great location no noise at all (New year's eve cruise) and not so far from stairs. I would like something on the hump but needing a cabin for 3 so not an option yet.:D

HI,

Thanks,

robyn

We just got off the Mariner yesterday after celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and stayed on the 6th deck in cabin 6216. We were in the second cabin from the front and felt no motion at all the entire week. We were one deck above the promenade and our dining room but 5 decks below the pools the gym and the Windjammer Cafe. We passed approx. 10 cabins to get to the first bank of elevators and from there we were able to look down into the promenade deck. We used the stairs frequently to stave off the calories we were consuming and on occasion used the elevators. We never had to wait long for any of them. People on these boards seem to like staying in the hump area of the ship because their balconies bumped out further than the others but we felt that we had more privacy on our balconies - they couldn't see us but if we looked out we could see them. It's all a matter of choice. So if you like using the gym, it's five decks above - a workout in itself if using the stairs - and not a long wait for an elevator in that section of the ship, if you choose to ride. Everyone seems to gravitate toward midship and I think that's why people have a long wait for the elevators. Hope you enjoy your anniversary trip!

There isn't really a "bad" balcony cabin on Mariner. I like to be close to the stairs/elevator, so the suggestion of a hump or bubble cabin is a good one, but if these are taken, I'd book whatever is nearest that elevator bank.

We really liked being on Deck 6 because it is closer to the water, and because it's very convenient to the Promenade.

We've been on Deck 10 too, and liked it's proximity to the Windjammer and pool deck.

Like I said, you really can't go wrong!!!

We've been on Mariner twice now. Hubby loved the first trip and cabin so much he was amazed I was able to book the same cabin the second time. 8602. It's towards the center but in forward of the a hump, port side. It makes it very convenient to elevators and getting up or down to the dining. But in general, I'm sure all the cabins in that general vicinity would probably be great. Just make sure whichever cabin you book, look at the deck plans to make sure there are things going on above or below you that might interfere with your peace

Erika.

We have 7322 for our August cruise, not quite center hump but really close. Cabins above and below us, plus the only thing on that deck is the library and staterooms. I am hoping this turns out to be a good choice.

It is a good choice. I booked my two Mariner cruises later this time and I took 8316 for both weeks. That would be just one deck up on the other side of the middle two cabins from yours.

I was thrilled to get that cabin when I booked as we had 8320 on the Navigator for our last B2B's.

We will both be in a really good location. :D

We booked a GS for our Jan 09 cruise, hope it will be a good choice!

As long as I am on a ship, they could put me in a broom closet. :D

My first Carnival ship, I laugh to this day when I think of it.

I opened the cabin door and I swear I thought my nose would touch the back wall. Talk about small cabins. :eek:

Archived