My money was wasted on a balcony!

toledo

No way Jose!

One brave attempt at that before, which was cut short by the guy next door coughing.

I did what any respectable woman would do and got my butt in the cabin and left DH quite....em....exposed. :eek: :p

I guess this means I am not an exhibitionist (not that there's anything wrong with that) ;)

would have to be quite drunk in order to attempt balcony olympics again.

(not that this can't happen) :D

Didnt you ever read my post on this... lol:D

We did Oceanview once. Then graduated to Balcony, Last one which was last month was Category 11 Suite. When we got married 5 years ago, we had a balcony. My sister and family rented a balcony,oceanview and inside for the family. I went into the inside room. Wanted to see what it felt like. I Hated it. Couldn't get out of there fast enough. 5 minutes was too long for me. If I had to do an inside, I would wait til I could afford the other rooms. I love my balcony to just sit and relax. The INSIDE reminds me of a Box. That is just my opinion. Balconies are so relaxing. I don't spend a lot of time in my room either. Like to relax outside. I agree with the other people. Sitting outside is so nice. My husband likes to sit outside early in the am to just relax. Everyone has their own taste. I will take my balconies.

Oh, I definitely think it is probably a almost 50/50 split and a matter of choice. I will never ever go with anything other than a balcony cabin. A balcony is wonderful. Just to be able to find a peaceful place to sit and watch the endless miles of beautiful ocean. It was wonderful sitting on the balcony for an hour or two on sea days. At night, the tranquility and warm breezes before bed is also a wonderful thing.

I have to disagree! Balconies rule!

I always get whatever is cheapest. I really only use my room as a place to sleep and store my stuff. I get up early and don't come back to the room until after midnight other than to change clothes or pick something up.

A balcony would definately be a waste for me.

Allen, you said the magic word :D wwwDOTrodneygrillDOTcom/funship/

Have fun.

I dont even have to look I will always remember that Hat ............I try to make sure my Nude displays are at sea early in the morning or late at night :D

My feeling is If I could afford it Iwould have a balcony heck even a suite every time I cruise. But because I can not afford to get that cabin and vacation often I choose not to have a balcony. I prefer to take 1-2 vacations a year than to have 1 vacation every few years.

Don't get me wrong if I had all the money in the world I would take the balcony.

My reasons why:

• Ability to have a cocktail out on the balc when waiting for Buttercup to get ready for dinner
  • Ability to have a Bloody Mary out on the balc whilst Buttercup caught a few extra z's in the morning before another onshore adventure
  • Watching a thunderstorm far off on the horizon one night (very, very cool)
  • A typically quiet place to read and talk
  • Looking at the other vessels at ports with piers
  • Late night open air lovin'

I love my balcony. It is a big part of what I dream of as I countdown to my next cruise. First cruise we took was a three day with an inside cabin. I found a deck chair, grabbed a blanket and pillow, and spent my nights on the top deck under the stars. Since then it has been balconies for us. Some of the best reasons...

Early morning coffee and journal writing, reading Capers and planning day

Awesome sunrises/sunsets

Entertainment of watching latecomers return from shore trips (good with a bucket of beer!)

Balcony Olympics! Late at night, with the wind blowing, no one can hear you! (at least that's what HE tells me ;) )

I love having a balcony as well but can completely understand how some people think it is a waste of money if they are barely in their rooms.

We have a 6yr old so it is nice to go out on the balcony and have a glass of wine after she goes to bed. That said, I REALLY wish RCCL's tables would be dining height to truly enjoy having a drink or eating breakfast. They don't have to be a large diameter, just taller.

I could see being 100% content in an oceanview with just DH and I since we would be in most of the public places at night until we were ready to drop.

I have found that most of the balcony rooms aren't that much more expensive anyway.....

Archived