Why does everyone want to be on a high deck?

KTeaRN

I thought that to minimize how much you feel the movements of the ship you should be low and middle.

I actually booked a 7a balcony cabin this time (my first balcony), and I think I would prefer to be on one of the lower balcony decks d/t the ship movements.

Do the higher decks have larger cabins? Is there another benefit I'm not seeing? Or is it a status thing? As you can see I'm pretty new to this.

Thanks!

I actually like the motion.:p And the view. We also like to be all the way forward because there's not much traffic in the halls so it's quieter. Our only midship experience so far was really noisy from people yelling in the halls and slamming doors all night. I haven't paid extra for the location, though. We were upgraded the first time and booked during a free upgrade sale the next time. It's also easier to get to the Lido deck for morning coffee - and I'm worthless until I've had that first cup in the morning!

Corporations percieve that the consumer is not that bright, so they market the cabins at the top of the ship as being a greater value. It must work, the ships sail full.

I suppose people feel they are booking closer to the "penthouse"

... the other thing is, maybe people are like me and when they book an inside cabin on a really low deck they have small panic attacks before falling asleep about the Titanic movie and those poor people who were locked in. :eek: Therefore, they would want to get as far away form this possibility as they can. Hmmmm.

We spend a lot of time at the pool and the buffet which is top deck stuff, so its a long elevator ride if you are low. We got upgraded to a OV last week on our cruise, but it was on deck 2, sure got tired of elevators.

Lets put it this way, you just returned from an 8 hour long excursion and you are hot, tired and burnt like a lobster. The last thing you need is to make that freaking trip all the way up to deck 8 and then all the way aft because the elevators are full with kids playing on them. We try to book on the Main deck so when you return to the ship you are 1 deck closer to the cabin.

Fred

Initially I like being on a higher deck at the begining of my cruise, however after multiple shore tours, meals and late nights my pleasure in a higher deck declines as a severe streak of laziness strikes and I no longer want to trot the stairs to keep my weight down from late night pizza and room service.

i do not like to be on high decks. i do not like to be too low, either.

people like high decks b/c of their close proximity to the major public spaces aboard the ship.

ironically, this is exactly why i do not prefer them.

i like midship, on the highest deck i can get that is sandwiched between two pax decks, (no public spaces above or below my stateroom).:)

We are going on Fantasy on the 19th and are on the upper deck. My father started cruising before me and experienced the Riveria deck and said he would never be on the bottom again because of engine noise. I held to that advice and always booked above the Riveria deck until my last cruise on the Holiday. We were on the Riveria deck R120. Terrible for engine noise. Good thing I was drunk most nights and it didn't seem to bother my sleep.

It really depends if you like to feel the movement of the ship. if your are at the front or back of the ship you will feel movement more than in the middle. My wife and i have had a lower cabin (middle) and upper cabin (middle) and we couldn't tell the difference. if we looked out our window (lower cabin) we were very close to the water. Personally, I like a higher cabin because i enjoy the view.

I like Raven's topic, ON the balcony :D :D :D ..

We actually like the higher decks because there is soo much less noise in the halls. Usually less cabins so....

We are booked ( again ) in cabin 1028 on the Glory, port side about half way down the hall to the front. Its a short walk to the lido deck, ice cream, and emerald room.

Ive been on the upper decks, middle decks, and lowest deck. I will try to get a higher deck if i can, just book when there are past guest specials for free cat. upgrades.

Tim

Archived