Hell, Turle Farm, Rum Factory & Stingray City tour...

AtoZgirl

Going to the Cayman Islands on the Carnival Legend this month and it's my second time but the first time for the rest of my family members. I went on this tour last time but would go on it again in a heart beat. I cannot remember the cost of it the first time as I was on a different cruise ship but does anyone remember a cost estimate taking this tour on the carnival legend (or any carnival ship, since it should be the same or vary little). I didn't know if I should wait to book it on the ship just in case or know if this tour was avaiable through the people personally. I've seen various excursions including these places but not all 4 places (Hell, Turle Farm, Rum Factory & Stingray City) at once except the tour offered by Carnival. Saving a couple of bucks going through a private tour isnt a big deal... I rather pay a little more and know the ship will wait for you, etc if you book on the ship. But I would definitely be interested in checking out a place that does it privately off the ship without going through the ship if it goes all 4 places. Thanks for your help in advance!:D

We booked ours early online and are paying $65 pp. I believe the price is now around $75 pp.

I have heard though that this tour is very popular and you should book it early as it sells out early.

Captain Marvin's does Hell, the Turtle Farm and goes past 7 mile beach on their tour for $25. You can book it separate, even though many do it in addition to sting ray city.

I asked about doing it separate because my sister wouldnt get in the water, so I know you can just book it for $25.

Going to the Cayman Islands on the Carnival Legend this month and it's my second time but the first time for the rest of my family members. I went on this tour last time but would go on it again in a heart beat. I cannot remember the cost of it the first time as I was on a different cruise ship but does anyone remember a cost estimate taking this tour on the carnival legend (or any carnival ship, since it should be the same or vary little). I didn't know if I should wait to book it on the ship just in case or know if this tour was avaiable through the people personally. I've seen various excursions including these places but not all 4 places (Hell, Turle Farm, Rum Factory & Stingray City) at once except the tour offered by Carnival. Saving a couple of bucks going through a private tour isnt a big deal... I rather pay a little more and know the ship will wait for you, etc if you book on the ship. But I would definitely be interested in checking out a place that does it privately off the ship without going through the ship if it goes all 4 places. Thanks for your help in advance!:D

I just checked the Carnival website and they offer Stingray City, Turtle Island and Hell but I didn't see one that also offers Rum Factory with that. The one for Stingray City, Turtle Island and Hell was $75. We booked it last year and it was only $65. Sorry, it has gone up.

Captain Marvin's does Hell, the Turtle Farm and goes past 7 mile beach on their tour for $25. You can book it separate, even though many do it in addition to sting ray city.

I asked about doing it separate because my sister wouldnt get in the water, so I know you can just book it for $25.

How do you find Captain Marvin's online? I have heard a lot of good reviews. Can you book online or do you have to call them?

I just checked the Carnival website and they offer Stingray City, Turtle Island and Hell but I didn't see one that also offers Rum Factory with that. The one for Stingray City, Turtle Island and Hell was $75. We booked it last year and it was only $65. Sorry, it has gone up.

Thats the same one we did without the rum factory i think it was 65$ then but well worth it best excursion ever loved the sting rays.

How do you find Captain Marvin's online? I have heard a lot of good reviews. Can you book online or do you have to call them?

You can also email them and they will eventually answer.

http://www.captainmarvins.com/mainpage.htm

PS click on main page on the above link to get to the tours. Snorkeling:

http://www.captainmarvins.com/index.htm

they are more known for their snorkeling trips, 1 or 2 sites. They also have children's prices on the snorkeling. the snorkeling for adults runs about $35 or $40 as I remember, less for children and they have two different choices of times. both seem pretty long. One is just sting ray city snorkeling, the add on site is only about $5 more and adds more time to the excursion.

The turtle farm would cost you more than $25 to take a taxi to it and pay the admission from what Iv heard, its cheaper to take it thru captain Marvins. Opps I see his tour to the turtle farm has gone up to $30 now, but he added a couple of new stops.

First Stop: Governor's House for photo opportunity

Second Stop: Old Homestead for photo opportunity

Third Stop: Photo stop at Seven Mile Beach

Fourth Stop: Turtle Farm (Approx. 30 minutes.)

Fifth Stop: Hell (Approx. 20 minutes.)

Tour Price: US$30.00 including admission to the Turtle Farm. This price is subject to change.

I just checked the Carnival website and they offer Stingray City, Turtle Island and Hell but I didn't see one that also offers Rum Factory with that.

Last month on Conquest, we did the Stingray Sandbar, Hell & Turtle Farm Experience. It stops at the rum factory store for 10-15 minutes. It is right next to the turtle farm.

Last month on Conquest, we did the Stingray Sandbar, Hell & Turtle Farm Experience. It stops at the rum factory store for 10-15 minutes. It is right next to the turtle farm.

Thanks. Did not know this as we have not been on our cruise yet. I am glad it stops because I really wanted to go and was not sure what to do. :D

Yea, I think the tour with Carinval is going to be our best bet. $77 bucks is a lot but I've done it before and for the first time cruisers it's a once in a lifetime experience. The stops at the turle farm, hell and the rum factory is a total added bonus. Especially when you think of how much it'd cost to do all on your own.

Native Way Tours has a tour called "Stingray City and Island Tour" it goes to all 4 for i think $60. I went with them last May off of the Valor. It was AWESOME! It was only my fiance and I and 2 girls from germany on the island tour and then we met up with another couple for the stingray city part. It was cheaper last year but I am planning on booking with them again this October. We never felt rushed, got back in time to do some shopping and to wait in the LONG line for tenders! Since it was such a small group we had so much attention, the guides were great and very knowledgeable, and had LOTS of interaction with the rays. We saw some boats that were PACKED with people. We had the upper deck of the boat to ourselves going out and coming back. Great tour for our first port to start the week off! Just google their name, their website will come up and you can view the tour details. Let me know if you have any questions!

Native Way Tours has a tour called "Stingray City and Island Tour" it goes to all 4 for i think $60. I went with them last May off of the Valor. It was AWESOME! It was only my fiance and I and 2 girls from germany on the island tour and then we met up with another couple for the stingray city part. It was cheaper last year but I am planning on booking with them again this October. We never felt rushed, got back in time to do some shopping and to wait in the LONG line for tenders! Since it was such a small group we had so much attention, the guides were great and very knowledgeable, and had LOTS of interaction with the rays. We saw some boats that were PACKED with people. We had the upper deck of the boat to ourselves going out and coming back. Great tour for our first port to start the week off! Just google their name, their website will come up and you can view the tour details. Let me know if you have any questions!

Iv heard one of the differences between NativeWay and Captain Marvin's is Nativeway's tour also includes lunch. My vote is independently booked, you get more for your $$$

Iv heard one of the differences between NativeWay and Captain Marvin's is Nativeway's tour also includes lunch. My vote is independently booked, you get more for your $$$

WHAT??? We were supposed to have gotten a LUNCH?!?!? LOL maybe that explains the price increase this year! Definately weren't offered a lunch last year, but maybe they offer it now?

Thanks for the info Eballgrl.... I've been to Cayman island before but did the excursion through the cruiseline. Now I want to save some money. My only thing is that I LOVE the tour but I also want some time to shop on the island before being rushed to get back on the ship. It makes me angry to have to wait an hour for the tender boats when I could have used that time to shop.

• 2 years later...

Appreciate these threads, as I used it to decide what to book in Grand Cayman. Carnival has a number of options, highly recommend the one that takes you to Hell, the Turtle Farm (and Tortuga Rum Factory right next to the turtles, and Sting Ray City at the Sand Bar, which puts you in 3-4 foot of water, and you can readily stand up, don't need snorkel gear. And when the guide tells you to protect your thumb when you feed the rays squid, DO IT. Have suction scars to prove it. With four cruise ships in port it was crowded at each site. Particularly the Rum Factory outlet; a real zoo with only one person at the cash register who also was giving out samples. People being what they are can be rude. Eg eating withy the fork that was in place to pick up a sample of the cake to be placed on a napkin. Or standing and serving yourself repeatedly from the rum dispenser. But don't let that scare you away, the rays were so worth it. And the tour bus driver gave lots of information about Grand Cayman itself as he drove us around.

We took Nativeway both times we did an excursion on GC and I highly recommend them! They are a couple, the husband is a native Caymanian and his wife Sharon is a New York native who is now a GC citizen. She is very nice and very easy to talk to.

On the way back we asked to be dropped off at our favorite store - a glass blowing shop, and she did that for us no problem.

The turtle farm is fantastic! Hell was interesting, but I have seen 1000 times better in Hawaii. The narration about all the native fruits and plants at Hell was pretty interesting.

Of course the stingrays are an experience you just won't get anywhere else.

One word of caution: word has gotten out and there are some very sneaky fish that are going to try and take that stingray food out of your hand. Keep them above water if you do not want to feed the fish!

Archived