Galaxy Cruise 3-17 to 3-28

midex717

Hello!

First of all, I want to thank everyone who posts on this board. Through these boards I researched the ship, and the ports of call for our journey, and gained insight, and valuable information that helped make our trip one of the best!! Thanks again!!!

Our group consisted of my wife, daughter, son, our daughter's friend, and myself. We arrived in San Juan the prior evening, and stayed at the Embassy Suites near the airport. We caught a cab at noon to the Pan-Am pier ($19 plus $4.50 for our bags), and after a very smooth, and fast check-in, we were on board at around 12:40pm. After spending the day exploring the Galaxy, we watched the sail away for Aruba.

I had read the reports on the Galaxy, and we found her to be a beautiful, classy lady in her own way. The ship was very clean, and in good condition for her age.

We all thought the on-board service to be outstanding! Everywhere we went we were greeted with a smile, and a warm greeting! Our dining room wait staff were excellent. They joked with us, and made us feel welcome at their table!

Our cabin staff was outstanding as well. We were always greeted by name, and our cabins were always found to be spotless, even after we came back all sandy, and grubby after being at the beach!!

The food on-board was very good. The buffet in the Oasis Cafe was good. Breakfast was the same with a specialty dish such as Steak, and Eggs, Eggs Florentine, etc served each morning. Lunch was very good as well with a varying menu each day.

Evening dinner in the Orion Restaurant was excellent!

The evening entertainment was good we thought. We really liked the couple that demonstrated their strength, and flexibility(sorry I can't remember their names...). We really enjoyed listening to the band Fusion. They played Caribbean music on sea days, and afternoons poolside.

The Galaxy was fortunate to dock at each port. We found very short lines to get off at the scan point, and we were really impressed with Celebrity's security at the scan point as well. Each time our son, who is a minor, scanned his card to get off, they asked us if we were his parents. We had not seen that with any other cruise line before.

This is a short review of our voyage on the Galaxy as it takes me forever to type!!! We were very impressed with Celebrity, and will definitely sail with them again!

I've provided a link to the photos that I shot. There are a lot of photos of each island. I tried to capture images of the people, and the flavor of each island, and I really hope that you enjoy them! Run the slideshow for a short tour of the islands. When you get to the end of the Curacao slides, click on back to Aruba, and that will take you back to the sequence of shots. I'll try to post links for each of the islands.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm48/midex717/San%20Juan%20and%20Sea%20Day%201/

Thanks for the review and your photos. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your cruise !

I just got off the phone with my Friend and her Family and she is currently sailing on the Galaxy. She was calling from Grenada. She was also enjoying her cruise and said that the crew was outstanding. She is traveling with a group of 14 people and reported that everyone was having a blast. Last year we all traveled together on the Infinity and she was concerned that the Galaxy being older and smaller would not live up to her expectations. But, Celebrity once again has created a great vacation experience for her.

Thanks again----I really enjoyed the pictures !

Captiva

Thanks for the review and glad you had a good time as well:)

I sailed the week before you and it was wonderful:)

Laura, wishing you smooth sailing next week too:D

Hi, we also were on the Galaxy the cruise before. (March 7-17) We had a fabulous trip and thought the Galaxy was wonderful. We loved the itinery, the great service, the cleanliness, and the ammenities. No rock climbing needed for us! Give me the aft deck for breakfast and late night cocktails!

Thanks for the review and glad you had a good time as well:)

I sailed the week before you and it was wonderful:)

Laura, wishing you smooth sailing next week too:D

Why thank you Lois, how sweet!!

Hope we have as much fun as you did on your cruise.

Laura

Hi, we also were on the Galaxy the cruise before. (March 7-17) We had a fabulous trip and thought the Galaxy was wonderful. We loved the itinery, the great service, the cleanliness, and the ammenities. No rock climbing needed for us! Give me the aft deck for breakfast and late night cocktails!

Brenda, is that you?:) I see the city and state:)

We remember you! We met at Nice to be Nice. You have a very nice, friendly and good-looking family and we were happy to meet you! Your table in the Orion was about 5 down from ours. Anyway, very nice pictures! Hope to see you again sometime. We are repeating the same exact cruise next year! Regards, Donald & Laurie

Thank you very much!! It was a pleasure meeting you as well at Mr. Nice's, and seeing you around the ship! That was an interesting stop at Nice to be Nice, the fruit was fantastic, and we fell in love with the coconut candy that they made!

Again, thank you for the nice comments, and maybe our paths will cross again! Have fun next year on the Galaxy!!!!

Thank you so much for your review, and posting your beautiful pictures. We were on the same cruise, in fact we were on the Cosul tour with you (Dennis and Roberta from AZ), So really enjoyed your pictures!

We had a wonderful time on this cruise, we chose it for it's itinerary and were not disappointed, Gallaxy was absolutly beautiful as well, great service, food, entertainment.

Thanks again :)

Hello!

First of all, I want to thank everyone who posts on this board. Through these boards I researched the ship, and the ports of call for our journey, and gained insight, and valuable information that helped make our trip one of the best!! Thanks again!!!

Our group consisted of my wife, daughter, son, our daughter's friend, and myself. We arrived in San Juan the prior evening, and stayed at the Embassy Suites near the airport. We caught a cab at noon to the Pan-Am pier ($19 plus $4.50 for our bags), and after a very smooth, and fast check-in, we were on board at around 12:40pm. After spending the day exploring the Galaxy, we watched the sail away for Aruba.

I had read the reports on the Galaxy, and we found her to be a beautiful, classy lady in her own way. The ship was very clean, and in good condition for her age.

We all thought the on-board service to be outstanding! Everywhere we went we were greeted with a smile, and a warm greeting! Our dining room wait staff were excellent. They joked with us, and made us feel welcome at their table!

Our cabin staff was outstanding as well. We were always greeted by name, and our cabins were always found to be spotless, even after we came back all sandy, and grubby after being at the beach!!

The food on-board was very good. The buffet in the Oasis Cafe was good. Breakfast was the same with a specialty dish such as Steak, and Eggs, Eggs Florentine, etc served each morning. Lunch was very good as well with a varying menu each day.

Evening dinner in the Orion Restaurant was excellent!

The evening entertainment was good we thought. We really liked the couple that demonstrated their strength, and flexibility(sorry I can't remember their names...). We really enjoyed listening to the band Fusion. They played Caribbean music on sea days, and afternoons poolside.

The Galaxy was fortunate to dock at each port. We found very short lines to get off at the scan point, and we were really impressed with Celebrity's security at the scan point as well. Each time our son, who is a minor, scanned his card to get off, they asked us if we were his parents. We had not seen that with any other cruise line before.

This is a short review of our voyage on the Galaxy as it takes me forever to type!!! We were very impressed with Celebrity, and will definitely sail with them again!

I've provided a link to the photos that I shot. There are a lot of photos of each island. I tried to capture images of the people, and the flavor of each island, and I really hope that you enjoy them! Run the slideshow for a short tour of the islands. When you get to the end of the Curacao slides, click on back to Aruba, and that will take you back to the sequence of shots. I'll try to post links for each of the islands.

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/mm48/midex717/San%20Juan%

20and%20Sea%20Day%201/

Thanks for your review. My wife and I sail on 4/7 and have been a little nervous with all the good/bad reviews concerning the Galaxy. We've cruised quite a bit and this will be our second Celebrity cruise.

Archived