Live from the Dawn Princess

GTVCRUISER

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the post. Steve and I are sailing on her April 27th!

Edited to ask if you think we will feel uncomfortable around the ship by not participating in formal evenings? We understand we will use casual dining. Also, we will be nicely dressed, just not in formal wear. This is going to be a very casual cruise for us. I know you go casual alot, so wanted your opinion. Thanks.

Marie

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the post. Steve and I are sailing on her April 27th!

Edited to ask if you think we will feel uncomfortable around the ship by not participating in formal evenings? We understand we will use casual dining. Also, we will be nicely dressed, just not in formal wear. This is going to be a very casual cruise for us. I know you go casual alot, so wanted your opinion. Thanks.

Marie

I was on the Dawn a few weeks ago and I don't think you need to worry. There were plenty of people out and about after dinner on both formal evenings who weren't formally dressed. You'll be fine. Enjoy your cruise -- I loved the Dawn and had a wonderful time on that voyage.

If you like to, want to, always etc save your SS card as a memento of your cruise.. then "loose it" / "misplace it" and go to the purser and get a new one.... or else when the cruise is over and you leave the ship for the last time... they will take and KEEP the card.

PS, don't forget to "find" your SS card later.. and stash it away for safe keeping!

I am back in San Diego today , the last 2 days at sea ,some sun but windy and cool . The anytime dining ,I like the best, no shorts ,but you can dress casual and you can pick the time you want to eat.I will have some photos of the Cruise soon.

Just got off the Dawn today.

Had anytime dining. Met more people that way and never had to wait. Second formal night ate in Buffet. Actually was so nice eating and watching the ocean. Not crowded. Liked it so much that went back the last night as well.

More casual a ship. Husband wore sports coat and slacks on formal night. He was glad didn't need his tux or suit.

Weather was really nice. Even though a bit windy on last day, was able to lay out in the sun. Never had any problems with getting deck chairs. Lots of sun decks, some hidden away . had a wonderful time. There were 450 kids on the ship because still spring break. If we weren't told that number would never have believed it. They were so well behaved and didn't seem to be around. Must have been lots of activities for them.

Had really great weather in ports. Humidity was low , nice sunshine, in low 80's. Today coming home there were three ships in port (two Carnival). People getting on had to sign in at convention center as the Dawn didn't get the terminal birth. We have done that in the past at it isn't a big deal.

When we left last week, we were the only ship so we got the terminal.

Hi Gary,

We are really looking forward to the anytime dining. It will be a first for Steve and I. I had it on the Oosterdam in Feb., but, a group of us met at the same time each evening so it really wasn't anytime. It WILL be nice not to have to plan the day around dinner. How was the entertainment?

Marie

Just got off the Dawn today.

Had anytime dining. Met more people that way and never had to wait. Second formal night ate in Buffet. Actually was so nice eating and watching the ocean. Not crowded. Liked it so much that went back the last night as well.

More casual a ship. Husband wore sports coat and slacks on formal night. He was glad didn't need his tux or suit.

Weather was really nice. Even though a bit windy on last day, was able to lay out in the sun. Never had any problems with getting deck chairs. Lots of sun decks, some hidden away . had a wonderful time. There were 450 kids on the ship because still spring break. If we weren't told that number would never have believed it. They were so well behaved and didn't seem to be around. Must have been lots of activities for them.

Had really great weather in ports. Humidity was low , nice sunshine, in low 80's. Today coming home there were three ships in port (two Carnival). People getting on had to sign in at convention center as the Dawn didn't get the terminal birth. We have done that in the past at it isn't a big deal.

When we left last week, we were the only ship so we got the terminal.

Sue,

thanks so much for posting. It seems lately there has not been much at all written about the Dawn. We will sail her on the 27th. Anything more you want to share, it is greatly appreciated :).

Marie

We're trying to decide between the Dawn 10 day Alaska out of San Fran and the Star out of Seattle 7 day - was a little concerned about the shape of the Dawn as some of the recent reviews say she's showing her age. Any comments from those who have just cruised on her?

Thanks,

YAYA

Hi Marie , I am cruising on the Dawn again May 4th, 2 day cruise to Ensenada ,that will be the Dawns last Mexico cruise out of San Diego...Entertainment I really enjoyed The Comedy of Dan Bennet and Ventriloqist Dan Horn.The Comedy Magician Lorenzo Clark is good also.I think the condition of the Dawn is very good.

Hi Marie , I am cruising on the Dawn again May 4th, 2 day cruise to Ensenada ,that will be the Dawns last Mexico cruise out of San Diego...Entertainment I really enjoyed The Comedy of Dan Bennet and Ventriloqist Dan Horn.The Comedy Magician Lorenzo Clark is good also.I think the condition of the Dawn is very good.

Thanks so much!! We are really excited to try Princess. A tiny part of me is wishing this was a HAL cruise, but a change will be nice :).

Marie

Archived