How will you like Conquest's new Eastern itenerary ?

While I think it's a good idea for the Conquest to offer a different itinerary, this one doesn't interest me. We went to Nassau last year and were NOT impressed with the Bahamas. (Maybe we just didn't go to the right place??) We'll stick with the old tried and true western itinerary on the Conquest.

While I think it's a good idea for the Conquest to offer a different itinerary, this one doesn't interest me. We went to Nassau last year and were NOT impressed with the Bahamas. (Maybe we just didn't go to the right place??) We'll stick with the old tried and true western itinerary on the Conquest.

I agree, i think the new Itenerary is going to get old really fast.

Well, since we have done B2B on the Conquest (Western x 2) and will be sailing on her again in Sept (our 5th time on Conquest) we are THRILLED to see that we will be able to book a B2B from Galveston and do alternate ports!

Well, since we have done B2B on the Conquest (Western x 2) and will be sailing on her again in Sept (our 5th time on Conquest) we are THRILLED to see that we will be able to book a B2B from Galveston and do alternate ports!

A B2B would be interesting but I gotta agree that it's not an "Eastern Caribbean" and we're not too fond of the Bahamas either. We'll pass even though we loved the Conquest.

My biggest issue is that they are calling it Eastern Caribbean when it never enters the Caribbean. They should call it what it is - a Bahamas cruise.

Absolutely true! Can't imagine how they can market this as an eastern caribbean itinerary :confused:

who wants to cruise to places that you can drive to?

You can drive to the Bahamas now? :D

To me personally I don't care to much about the Bahamas but it does give the people who drive to Galveston another option for different ports. Not a bad thing. I honestly feel with the airline fares going up and more people will start to drive to starting ports instead of flying that Carnival might start offering different destinations from some of the other embarkation ports as well

Good point,I like the way you think ! :D On their standard western,I do wish they would include Roatan to change that one up a bit. But,I still like an alternate itenerary. Although I have to agree with WRP 96 ,that it's not really an "Eastern" itenerary.

The only port of interest there, to me, is Key West! :D I've been wanting to return there, but air fare is ridiculous, and hotels are outrageous... :eek: I used to spend long weekends there...

I just recently booked a cruise on the Freedom, from FLL, that sails to Key West (for almost a full day), as well as Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios in December 2008...:) THAT itinerary looked great to me... And we have our favorite 9A 'wrap'..:p

I love the idea of new ports for Galveston departures but I have always promptly discarded any itineraries that involve Key West when I'm searching. We've enjoyed the Conquest before and just might give it a try. It always feels like we are cheating ourselves when we go somewhere we can do with a road trip!

About 125 so far of us were booked on a CC group cruise on the Conquest. So far a lot of us, myself included, aren't to thrilled but we're gonna have fun no matter what. A few have dropped but a few have joined because of the new itinerary.

Give me clear water, white sand, good snorkeling and a week aboard a cruise ship and I could really care less what the port stops are.

Besides it makes a B2B even more attractive.

Come see us on the Conquest Crazies thread!!

You can drive to the Bahamas now? :D

To me personally I don't care to much about the Bahamas but it does give the people who drive to Galveston another option for different ports. Not a bad thing. I honestly feel with the airline fares going up and more people will start to drive to starting ports instead of flying that Carnival might start offering different destinations from some of the other embarkation ports as well

No, but I can drive to Key West. Also, on a cruise I want to leave the country. That is the point I was trying to make.

No, but I can drive to Key West. Also, on a cruise I want to leave the country. That is the point I was trying to make.

Have you actually ever driven down there? It is the southernmost point in the U.S., more south than you would think. It takes most of a day to get there from S. Florida, so you pretty much are stuck paying for a hotel at least one night and hotel rates are really high as someone else mentioned. You drive over one bridge after another, from one key to another and its kinda slow driving because you get stuck behind someone driving slow and cant get around. I was surprised its further south than Hawaii. You CAN drive there because of the bridges, but its not a fast drive.

Its the Bahamas that I dont really care for. Oh well. Im a Crazy so Im going.

My husband and I were very please with the opportunity to cruise to different ports of call from Galveston. We booked the 1st day and are looking forward to our March 29, 2009 cruise (uggg...year from now).

I am sooooooooo burned out on Cozumel and I wish they would go to Belize or Roatan.

At least it's a new choice from home!

I'm all for it. Glad to see the new choice. I can understand how if you live close to Florida at all and the drive would be reasonable, it's not exciting....But for me, an 8 hr drive from Galveston, it's a great thing! I'd never get around to driving to the Keys...and airfare and the high cost of hotels there make the trip cost prohibitive via air.

Carnival announces new Conquest itenerary for '09 & '10. We're excited .It provides another option from our homeport. Thanks to Carnival for at least trying something new. Opinions ?

Key West

Freeport

Nassau

I am exicited about this one. We have done Western several times and loved our cruise out of Galveston. This gives us the opportunity to still sail out of one of our favorite ports and go somewhere different. We are from NM and TX and there is nothing as fun as sailing with a bunch of Texans!!

Archived